PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Orlando FL

Agastar
09-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself and talk a little about what I'd like to offer to the community.

I recently picked up a 3D printer and have been making and selling some reloading blocks of my own design and some other items not of my design by request over on FB. A member there suggested I visit over here as well and say hi and let you guys know what I've been making.

This is not a for sale thread as this is not the place for it nor do I have the required 25 posts to do so. Let's just call this a teaser thread and a request for ideas.

I started with the reloading blocks I mentioned above and from there it has kinda gone wild. I've been requested to make primer catchers for RCBS presses as well as some "blue dummy" pistols and dummy training rounds. I have some other ideas that I need to make CAD models for but am also open to requests as well.

The reloading blocks are color coded and have the hole size and a few general calibers printed on the sides. The two reloading block designs I have are a 50 and 100 rounds. I am also working on a 25 round tray for 12 gauge shot gun shells.

My CAD skills are not all that great so some requests are going to be over my head at this point. Hopefully there are others here that might be willing to help out on some of your requests.

Feel free to ask me questions and offer suggestions and I'll try to be responsive to each one.

Hope you all enjoy.
Thanks
John116458116459116460116461116462116463

Agastar
09-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Here is a picture of the color codes as well as some pictures of the models

Agastar
09-15-2014, 08:26 PM
And more pics

Agastar
09-15-2014, 08:28 PM
And a few more. I'll post the rest when I have the 100 round reloading block images.

HiVelocity
09-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Folks, I can vouch for Agastar and his products. Excellent quality, priced right.

If you've been sitting at your bench, scratching your head, thinking, "I wish someone made .......", then ask Agastar, he may attempt to make
whatever you can think of. I suggested training dummies in .12ga; and found out he already makes training dummies in many calibers, and colors.

I plan to order more from him shortly. I have 3 "caliber specific" loading blocks. Love them. Check him out.

HV

RED333
09-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Just how tuff is the things that are made, I know it can be broken, but if a loading tray or pistol was dropped,
would it break?
You show lots of colors, pistol in orange, red or any color?
So just how much for a Glock 35 in red?

kbstenberg
09-16-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm looking for a gun dummy for an xd 45 compact for wet molding holsters. color unimportant. Kevin
Is there a temperature high that they can take? thinking PC tray

jason f
09-17-2014, 05:24 AM
i would like to have a loading block to hold 50-90 brass.

Agastar
09-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Just how tuff is the things that are made, I know it can be broken, but if a loading tray or pistol was dropped,
would it break?
You show lots of colors, pistol in orange, red or any color?
So just how much for a Glock 35 in red?

The first reloading tray model I came up with, I let my 4 year old son have it and told him to destroy it. It didn't last long at all so I went back and redesigned the trays to have thicker walls etc... I think they are pretty tough now and I have dropped them from about 4 feet on concrete from all angles and aside from some minor scuffs it held it nice.

I print in PLA currently which has a lower melting point than ABS so it does not stand up to heat as good. Thin prints seem to be affected the most and can be bent at 60C. I have left my trays in the truck in the Florida heat and they are still in the same shape as I printed them so these thicker parts should be fine. Another example is that my wife has some large crayon molds the we printed and she pours hot wax into them and I was sure those would be a one time deal but they kept their shape.

I have about 12 colors so any object can be printed in any of those colors. I have the trays color coded but you're not limited to that.

Please PM me for any price requests. I don't want to break any rules in this forum.

I hope that helps.

Thanks
John

Agastar
09-17-2014, 06:26 PM
i would like to have a loading block to hold 50-90 brass.

50-90 sharps? If so that should fit into tray 9 which has a hole diameter of .669"

Please PM me if you would like more information.

Thanks
John

Agastar
09-17-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm looking for a gun dummy for an xd 45 compact for wet molding holsters. color unimportant. Kevin
Is there a temperature high that they can take? thinking PC tray

The print bead heats up to 60C and the plastic melts between 180C - 210C.

I don't currently have a model for an XD 45. My modeling skills are basic so stuff like the trays I did but the guns I have to hire someone to do them. You can also use yeggi.com to search for 3D printable models which you can send me and I can print them for you.

Thanks
John

catgunguy
09-17-2014, 09:19 PM
Thank you for posting. Welcome.