PDA

View Full Version : Which M&P 9MM

TCLouis
09-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Don't care to discuss the relative merits of the 9 vs 357, 40, 44, 45, 454, 500 S&W . . .

Nor do I want to discuss concealability for EDC gun.

OK now.

I am looking for full sized gun high capacity pistola.

I like the Pros, especially, and hope to find one of the 5" models.

What say ye considering I have already precluded a lot of discussion points/tangents that this could have taken?

Low Budget Shooter
09-15-2014, 10:23 AM
One of my daughters has the original M&P9 in 4" barrel, no safety. It is exceedingly easy to shoot well, light for its capacity, very easy to disassemble and re-assemble, and extremely reliable. It has done very well with various cast boolits from 95 grains to 150 grains. I don't know if that's the kind of info you're needing, but that's what I know! LBS

robertbank
09-15-2014, 03:48 PM
I have two PROS (9 - .40) for playing IDPA and IPSC as well as two FS 4.25" (9 - .40). For playing the games I prefer the longer barreled PROs bit the truth is the 4.25" guns perform just as well. With an Apex kit installed the guns have great triggers. Out of the box not so much.

Take Care

Bob

osteodoc08
09-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Had a Pro Series with night sights and a VTAC model. Loved them both. Unfortunately had to sell them when times got tough. I really enjoyed the Pro model. Improved trigger and night sights were nice and bright and shot to POI.