PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Super Blackhawk sights

LUCKYDAWG13
09-13-2014, 09:02 AM
i have a 7 1/2 Ruger Super BH that i have been fighting with all year. this pistol just wont shoot groups leading is not a issues
at 35 yards im lucky to keep a 10" group with bullets or boolits. well i always thought that the front sight was well just off well
last night when i was cleaning it i found that i could slide a piece of paper under the left side of the front sight. like it was pushed
over or out of a groove. i have had this pistol for over 10 years now but was a safe Queen so can i switch the front sight send back
to Ruger what are my options on this
thank you

NSB
09-13-2014, 12:12 PM
If the sight isn't loose, it should still shoot a group.

LUCKYDAWG13
09-13-2014, 12:30 PM
ya i know thats what i thought too but some thing is wrong with this gun

Airman Basic
09-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Had an SBH did the same thing. Patterns, not groups. Contacted Ruger, they sent FedEx to pick it up on their dime. Replaced the barrel and cylinder, even reamed the throats when I said they were too tight for boolits. Didn't mess with my Clark trigger job. Took about a month including ship times. Good stuff. Shoots good, boolits and all.

DougGuy
09-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Call em up and say it will not group. They should email you a prepaid label for it and you box it up and take it to a real UPS store not a ma and pa ups middle man or they might even issue a will call for it and them come get it.

Write a detailed letter and stick it in with the gun, they DO give those letters to the techs and they will go over everything you put in the letter, plus whatever they themselves find. They may rebarrel it or fit a new cylinder or both, and they will fix your sight. If you ask them for an 11° forcing cone, they just may do that. It just depends on how they read the letter and decide what they are going to do. You never know but it's worth asking for sure.

Their customer service is excellent, I have never paid them, a dime for repairs or shipping, ever.

After you get it back, check the cylinder throats, if they are tight send me a PM because I can address those where Ruger likely will not once they get it to group with factory fodder. There's no sense messing with it if it is just going to mask over a much worse problem like timing or thread choke, once it comes back, then is the time to start making it shoot cast!

LUCKYDAWG13
09-13-2014, 03:05 PM
ok thanks

Airman Basic
09-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Can recommend DougGuy's work. He did a pair of BH 45 cylinders for me. Made quite the difference with boolits.