PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know the velocity

rugermag
09-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Being out of black I have loaded some 35 cal brass with a full house of 3f Pyrodex and 158 gr flat points.
Seem to shoot well but not much zip. I don't have a chrono and was wondering what the velocity would
be in my 14" T/C. Can anyone help? The velocity may be there but it may just feel different than black or
smokeless. Odds are someone here will have info on that! Thanks!

Tackleberry41
09-12-2014, 04:30 PM
It would just be a guess. No idea how much pyrodex is in a 'full house' 35 cal load? 35 cal what? And if somebody did know what it was with BP gonna be different with pyrodex. I bought a chrony as I was just guessing on loads, $100 from midway, something I wonder how I ever did without before.

montana_charlie
09-13-2014, 03:05 PM
I bought a chrony as I was just guessing on loads, $100 from midway, something I wonder how I ever did without before.
It's valuable for more than just knowing the speed. Knowing the ES and SD will give you a clue about how consistently well-assembled your ammunition is.

CM

Nobade
09-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Being out of black I have loaded some 35 cal brass with a full house of 3f Pyrodex and 158 gr flat points.
Seem to shoot well but not much zip. I don't have a chrono and was wondering what the velocity would
be in my 14" T/C. Can anyone help? The velocity may be there but it may just feel different than black or
smokeless. Odds are someone here will have info on that! Thanks!

Yes, it would be helpful to know what 35 caliber cartridge you are referring to.....

-Nobade