PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 oz 12 ga Claybuster wad dimensions CB0175-12

MarkP
09-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Hello I am currently using the Downrange DRXXL-PINK wad for higher velocity ¾ oz 12 ga loads with Reddot powder with decent results both in performance and load-ability. I recently purchased an 8 pound container of Alliant Extra-Lite hoping to create some ¾ oz loads in the 1,150 to 1,200 fps range with an efficient clean burn. I loaded up 100 rounds using various hulls with the Extra lite powder, due to the smaller volume of powder, the crimps are dished inward. On some hulls in particular the AA’s shot is leaking out and there is little to no compression with all hulls.

Just wondering if anyone is using the Claybuster ¾ oz (CB0175-12)wad and what the dimension from the gas cup to the shot cup is. The DRXXL-PINK wads are about the same ht as the Grey Claybuster (CB0178-12) / WW Grey 7/8 oz wads but has a different gas cup volume. Or If anyone has both Claybuster wads (7/8 oz grey & ¾ oz ) how much taller is the base of the shot cup compared to the grey wad?

The LGS stopped selling Claybuster wads a while back and now sells only Downrange wads and I was planning to order 5,000 CB0175-12 wads but wanted to know if they would solve the height issue with the lower charges of Extra-Lite powder.

Currentely loading these on a Pacific 266 (Single Stage) press but plan to set up one of my progressive presses for a 28 ga equivalent 12 ga load.

DRXXL-PINK wad is on the Right it has the XX cushion

Many Thanks

Mark P