PDA

View Full Version : Any 32 caliber shooters?

frnkeore
09-02-2014, 07:43 PM
This is another NOE mold up for discussion. This one is made to fit the neck and throat of the 32 Winchester Special but, it will also fit the 32/40 and I think the 32 Remington. I can't find a chamber drawing for the 32 Rem but, I have a Mod 14 that shoots very accurately with jacketed that I'd like to try it in.

It's a 197 gr bullet, something Winchester should have done when they brought out the 32 WS. I think it would still be around if they did.

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php/topic,315.0.html

Frank

frnkeore
09-02-2014, 08:53 PM
This mold can also be used in small groove 8x57's like the GEW 1888.

Frank

texassako
09-02-2014, 09:49 PM
I have never seen a chamber drawing for the .32 Remington. There is a mold designed specifically for the .32 Remington in the Lyman 321317. I had Accurate cut a close copy before I found an original. Lyman listing it as the standard mold for the .32 Rem has made me wonder if the chamber is different from the .32 WS. It could have just been a weight issue since it is close to the factory ammo weight while many other designs for the .32 WS are heavier. Model 8 or 81 users would want a close to factory recoil impulse to cycle the action, and a heavy bullet pushed hard enough could batter the action. Ideal's recommendation of the 308291 for the .30 Remington may lend a bit of evidence towards that with the weight being similar. I saw your design and liked it, but the 321317 shoots so well in my Model 8 I don't know if I am going to sign up for it.

TXGunNut
09-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Must admit I read that thread just moments after ordering a 32-170A from Tom at Accurate. Been studying on the Accurate mould for awhile and have been rather curious about them. Looking forward to giving it a try.
I really like the proposed NOE mould too, most 32's have a nose that's too fat for the older Winchesters. I'd really like to have the PB mould for my 32's and will probably cast a few for my buddy that insists on shooting BP in his old Winchesters. ;-) I almost ordered a mixed mould from Tom but I didn't really like his PB offering for some reason. Was pretty tickled to see your 32 thread. With any luck I'll be working on a hunting load and a plinking load for the 32 after hunting season.
You still thinking about that SR boolit, Jeff? Remind me to bring some when it cools off enough to shoot rifles again. Would be cool to see that Model 8 again too. Saw one on a used gun rack recently and had to clamp down tight on the blinders. :-) Way too many rifles been following me home lately.

texassako
09-03-2014, 09:10 AM
You still thinking about that SR boolit, Jeff? Remind me to bring some when it cools off enough to shoot rifles again. Would be cool to see that Model 8 again too. Saw one on a used gun rack recently and had to clamp down tight on the blinders. :-) Way too many rifles been following me home lately.

I will keep a reminder note on the SR boolits. What caliber was the one you saw? Maybe you can help me empty out some more of that BACO ammo to see how that .32 Rem shoots.

gpb
09-03-2014, 05:55 PM
For those looking for 32 Remington drawings. The following PDF file contains a cartridge and chamber drawings for the 32 Remington.

http://saami.org/specifications_and_information/publications/download/206.pdf

Load the PDF file and then go to the page marked 67 or go to file page 73 for the 32 Remington drawings.

TXGunNut
09-04-2014, 09:09 PM
I will keep a reminder note on the SR boolits. What caliber was the one you saw? Maybe you can help me empty out some more of that BACO ammo to see how that .32 Rem shoots.

I don't recall if it was .30 or .32, had to walk away. Truly an intriguing design.