PDA

View Full Version : Sad news

Tatume
09-02-2014, 04:42 PM
This was received from Mike Bellm. I'll say a prayer for them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
August 6, "T" of D and T Custom Gunworks, wife, hunting and fishing buddy, and partner, Terry White's two year long struggle with health issues came to a sad close with her leaving this life and her husband David, her mother, and her son behind to carry on without her. One word best describes Terry, simply phenomenal and a true inspiration to David and all who knew her.

David has had some time now to gather himself back together and resume gun work trying to catch up from the demands of numerous health crises over the past two difficult years, confident in the hope our Lord and His grace provides.

We have all had our ups and downs in life, sometimes alone but thankfully sometimes with the support and help of others. David and I go back through at least 25 years of swapping notes on guns, simple fellowship, and moral support during life's downs. About the only argument that might be construed would be over who gained the most from our work related association and friendship.

I will argue that this quiet, humble man has contributed greatly to our store of knowledge and one gun at a time made life more gratifying for thousands of shooters, whether one-on-one or multiplied through the information he has acquired and passed on to me and others.

I feel it is time to either payback or pay ahead in this difficult time for him, or simply pass on some of the grace God has given you.

David is "Mr. H&R", probably the most knowledgeable and experienced of anyone who has put his hands to H&R rifles. What he has done with this simple rifle is amazing. His bolt action and Ruger No. 1 custom guns, likewise.

We have never been covetous of each other's work, and at this time especially when I have much more work than I want, I ask that you favor him in some of your decisions about your next barrel or gun project.

Visit his site, http://www.dandtcustomgunworks.com/ for contact information and lots of his firearm "eye candy".

Working from a home shop complete with an excellent shooting range to boot, David's prices are quite reasonable, especially given the care and attention he gives to every job for top accuracy. Of course he has an FFL and is one we have recommended for years for Encore and Contender trigger jobs, plus trigger jobs on the H&R guns.

As a closing note, I can still clearly see the sparkle in Terry's eyes looking up to David and the many pix of Terry with game she shot and fish she caught with her best friend, David.
The world was made a better place by the years she gave it.

Mike Bellm

Nobade
09-03-2014, 07:38 AM
Bad link - try this one.
http://www.dandtcustomgunworks.com/

Tatume
09-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Corrected, thank you.

Jupiter7
09-03-2014, 11:24 AM
For those not aware, David is a member here under screenname ASSASSIN. He posts some amazing work from time to time.

Dframe
09-03-2014, 12:33 PM
very sorry to hear of his loss. Condolences to him and his family. I know how difficult it is to lose a spouse

troyboy
09-08-2014, 04:42 PM
What a tragedy. My heart felt condolences.

Artful
09-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Prayers for the family