PDA

View Full Version : XP-100 question

Danth
09-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Hello All: I'm in the process of piecing together an Xp-100 but lack the trigger group. I've located several for sale, but all are missing the safety. Is there a problem with the safety, or why they always seem to be missing? Thanks, Dan

shooterbob
09-01-2014, 08:03 PM
I've seen quite a few for sale with no safety. Just a concern for safety, won't affect anything else. I think the safety was removed when converted to a large caliber action on most cases but I could be wrong.

Uncle R.
09-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I wonder...
I've seen and known many, many people who owned and shot XPs. All were used for IHMSA silhouette competition, and you wouldn't need a safety for that purpose. I wonder if it was removed or left off for that reason?
<
If I were hunting with an XP I'd want a safety - but I've never seen one used for hunting. Not saying it doesn't happen - just that in my experience they were more commonly used for competition.
<
Uncle R.

shoot-n-lead
09-01-2014, 09:01 PM
There were problems with the safeties...they are not reliable.

I own several that have the safety on them...but I treat them like all other guns...I never rely on it. And, most folks that have experience with the XP will tell you to never chamber a round in it until you are in position to hunt or fire it.

ErnieBishop
09-03-2014, 06:34 AM
I hunt and compete with XP-100's without a safety all the time. I just don't walk with it loaded. I don't load it until I am ready to fire. Or if stand hunting or still hunting, I have one in the chamber with the bolt open.