PDA

View Full Version : NOE Molds

gunnut14
08-30-2014, 09:14 AM
Have tried to contact NOE on 2 occasions via e-mail to ask about a mold they have in stock.
Still no answer to my question.
Are the out of business or just off line?
Would like to buy from them but if can't get any kind of customer service will look elsewhere for a usable mold.

gunnut14

1johnlb
08-30-2014, 09:39 AM
Have you tried posting on their forum? Search "noe forum",I don't think it's connected to the home site, but I might be wrong.

I just received one of theirs in the mail thursday, money well spent! The mold was out of stock and I had emailed and ask when it would be back, never got an answer but they posted a run date and took my order for it and it shipped on that date that was posted. excellent service

Post on the forum see how thats works, I think thats where he's answering questions.

TXGunNut
08-30-2014, 09:48 AM
Certainly not out of business, just got a new mould from them a few weeks ago. Swede has yet to not respond to my e-mails, sometimes even on weekends. Forum does sound like fun.

1johnlb
08-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Oh yea, they have all their bullet blue prints "spec sheets" listed on the forum too, that might answer your question.

Even has quick loads data and pet loads thread started.

dh2
08-30-2014, 09:25 PM
try sending SwedeNelson an PM on here I have not had good luck with PM on there forum either , but they have always took care of things in a timely manor , I just got a mould from them Wed. or (801) 377-7289

500MAG
08-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Don't give up on Swede. Great customer service and great moulds. Just a fluke I'm sure.

tygar
08-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Don't know what's up but I correspond with him frequently & always get a response. He is a super guy & has great molds & service.

edctexas
08-30-2014, 10:05 PM
great molds and fast service if in stock. Once their molds are hot, they sure throw pretty boolits.
EDC

GLL
08-30-2014, 11:16 PM
I always get instant response from Al !

Jerry

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-31-2014, 12:16 AM
Have tried to contact NOE on 2 occasions via e-mail to ask about a mold they have in stock.
Still no answer to my question.
Are the out of business or just off line?
Would like to buy from them but if can't get any kind of customer service will look elsewhere for a usable mold.
gunnut14
NOE is surely in business ! ...and is Busy !
Al is usually very good about responding to messages. While I have no idea when you sent your emails to him? I sent him a PM via the NOE group buy forum yesterday, I haven't heard back yet? but I have no worries as I am in no hurry and it is a holiday weekend.
post your question here, maybe someone with experience will chime in. Myself, I have about 15 NOE molds and am in a group buy for another one.
Jon

Bzcraig
08-31-2014, 12:39 AM
Honestly, I have not had good luck getting Al to respond to me via the online store, pm here or through the NOE forum BUT that has not stopped me from ordering from him cause his molds are second to none.

dromia
08-31-2014, 03:24 AM
NOE are alive, kicking and thriving.

Their customer service is second to none, I am in contact with Al pretty regularly by email and PM on his group buy forum and he always responds in a timely manner.

I'd check the email address you are using.

gunnut14
08-31-2014, 09:48 AM
I used the e-mail address on the group buy forum as well as the e-mail address on his on line store and still haven't heard from him.
To me that is kinda strange for a company that is in business to make money, but hey I am not a regular customer so!!

I only needed to know the gas check shank size on his 147 grain 6.5 MM mold so I could decide if I had one that would work or I needed to buy a new check maker as well as a mold.

Guess that isn't a question he can answer or cares to so I will look elsewhere for a 6.5 mold, or maybe just shoot J word bullets in the rifle as it is a $450 proposition to set up for a new caliber and I can buy a lot of J words for that.

gunnut14

Ben
08-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Maybe you should look elsewhere......................

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-31-2014, 10:43 AM
I only needed to know the gas check shank size on his 147 grain 6.5 MM mold so I could decide if I had one that would work or I needed to buy a new check maker as well as a mold.
I have a mold from the first run of the 269 145 RN.
I am assuming that is the one you have a question about, I don't have any unsized boolits lying around to measure, I checked my records and I don't have a GC shank measurement listed. I do know that a "Gator" copper 6.5 GC snaps on nicely and sizes to .270 in my Lyman lubesizer.

FYI, my mold drops large (0.271), and I suspect that a mold ordered now, from the most recent batch will measure very similar. These were designed for use in foreign mil surp guns with larger bores, which groove dia are around 0.267 to 0.269
American made rifles are typically (0.264) and this boolit would be a poor choice for such.

i hope that helps, Good Luck,
Jon

adanymous
08-31-2014, 11:06 AM
I have had trouble emailing him too. Im not sure why, I assume that he like me has more email addresses than time to check them. However I have called his shop twice and he answered the phone both times and answered any question I could come up with. Great service for sure. Give him a call, hell answer. Great product too

Blanco
08-31-2014, 11:29 AM
He sure must be busy.
I had some questions also and sent them thru the forum over a month ago.
No answer...No biggie
I would imagine since adding the CNC's and moving into a new shop, he has less time to spend on the internet ?

gunnut14
08-31-2014, 11:47 AM
Your right Ben!!
Maybe I should go elsewhere!
Have been a member here for some time and seldom post as whenever I do I get a lot of flack.
Seems if you question the forum gurus you are fair meat for anyone that wants a whipping boy.

So I will just go back into the woodwork and try my best not to ever post here again.

gunnut14

Ben
08-31-2014, 12:00 PM
gunnut14

Here are your remarks,

Guess that isn't a question he can answer or cares to so I will look elsewhere for a 6.5 mold, or maybe just shoot J word bullets in the rifle as it is a $450 proposition to set up for a new caliber and I can buy a lot of J words for that.

I'm simply agreeing with your comments.

Was that wrong ?

dragon813gt
08-31-2014, 12:05 PM
Have you thought that maybe your emails never made it to him? I know a lot of emails never make it through to me at work. The mail server likes to reject most @hotmail and @yahoo emails. Just throwing this out there as a potential issue that NOE might not be aware of.

They are also a small shop. While I'm sure they they try to answer ASAP some might fall through the cracks. I'm not trying to make excuses for them. But when it's a small shop if you aren't I'm the shop producing product you are losing money.

wallenba
08-31-2014, 12:10 PM
I've had responses to e-mail from them on same day, one on a Sunday, and recently. Maybe the holiday and vacation time.

SwedeNelson
08-31-2014, 12:16 PM
gunnut14

Sorry we have not connected yet
Had a bad bug in the computer for the last week and have had
to replace one and try to run things on a lap top

The phone is a good option if I'm not in the shop.
801 377-7289
Could dig through the e-mail and see if I can find your questions
But not sure if I even got it - Again sorry for not getting back to you

Bullet maker, maker
Swede Nelson

Ben
08-31-2014, 12:16 PM
Swede Nelson is a stand up fellow.
He makes fine molds and offers fantastic customer service.

Ben

Springfield
08-31-2014, 02:32 PM
I called NOE Friday and talked to him on the phone. My new 225-45 mould showed up yesterday. Everyone doesn't spend all day on the computer like Brass Magnet:), maybe go old fashioned and call?

nicholst55
08-31-2014, 03:38 PM
In my personal experience, I have found that a lot of businesses seldom, if ever, check their e-mail. Not sayin this is the case with NOE or Swede, just sayin'. I once received a response to an e-mail that I sent to a firearms-related business some 18 months after I sent it!

Call them, if you truly want a response.

Eviltoy
08-31-2014, 04:28 PM
I ordered a mold from Al and also did not get a response but when I did he went over and above the call to sort out shipping it to me. He has my business going forward for sure

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-31-2014, 04:35 PM
Your right Ben!!
Maybe I should go elsewhere!
Have been a member here for some time and seldom post as whenever I do I get a lot of flack.
Seems if you question the forum gurus you are fair meat for anyone that wants a whipping boy.

So I will just go back into the woodwork and try my best not to ever post here again.
gunnut14

Did someone send you a negative comment via PM ?
if so, report it, it will be dealt with.

I see nowhere in this thread where anyone was was giving you flack or treating you like a whipping boy ? Every comment seemed to be in a helpful sense.

If you feel differently, report the offending comment and give your reasoning. If it was one of my comments...same thing, report it and another Mod will handle it. But honestly, everything I said was only meant to help.

rbuck351
08-31-2014, 04:59 PM
I have used the phone twice and got through both times expecting to get a counter person of some sort but it has been Al. Friendly guy, honest and straight forward and his molds are second to no other. I believe it would be worth your time to give him a call but it's your dime and your choice. I only have five NOE molds but I vision #s 6 and 7 when he has them in stock. I was blasted once here for thinking I could find a 358009. Next thing you know NOE is making a group buy on it and I now have one.[smilie=w:

35 shooter
09-01-2014, 12:51 AM
I called in on both my noe moulds and had em in my hands in just a few days.

rbuck351...no. 1 on the 358009 noe. Just got mine a couple of months ago and it's my new favorite boolit.

Southern Son
09-02-2014, 05:30 AM
Just ordered and recieved a hollow base wad cutter from Swede. It was taking longer than the last mould I ordered (that one took less than 14 days), and I started to worry (would not be the first parcell that Australia Post delivered to somewhere other than me), so I sent him an e-mail. He answered in about 24 hours, and then the mould arrived, so I had to test cast with it. Was not my first NOE mould, won't be my last. Have had NO problems dealing with NOE or MP moulds and have NO hesitation in recomending them both.

CLAYPOOL
09-02-2014, 07:08 AM
I just hope I ordered right and get the mold....

TXGunNut
09-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I just hope I ordered right and get the mold....

To be quite honest I ordered the wrong mould from NOE awhile back. It will come in handy for a project that's aways down the list so it's all good. I think it may work in another member's rifle so I'll have a little fun with it in the meantime.