PDA

View Full Version : Good results with Lee .365 mold in CZ82

chaplaincolby
08-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Recently I was blessed to be able to purchase the Lee 95 gr .365 mold for the 9mm Makarov. I made up about 300 boolits from wheel weights and lubed them with LLA. Yesterday I was able to try out my first batch of reloads with these boolits. I am very pleased. These reloads shot better than all my recipes before. I trimmed 9mm Luger down to 9x18, primed with WSP and charged with 3.5 gr of HP-38 with an OAL of .979. The boolits were used unsized and measured out at .365 and weighed 102 gr. Accuracy was good and not a single FTF or FTE. They fed like butter in my CZ82 and only minor leading after almost 100 rounds. I'm happy :bigsmyl2:

dondiego
08-30-2014, 09:40 AM
I recently purchased this same mold for my Russian Makarov. It casts better than any Lee mold that I have ever owned! I also made up brass from 9 MM Luger. I also ordered 500 from Starline who just ran a batch. The 95 grain boolits shot and functioned fine. Haven't really taken it out for any accuracy testing yet. I did notice that I chased my brass more religiously in this caliber!

BCB
08-30-2014, 03:35 PM
I've used that mold for a good many years in my Makarov...

I have also sized that boolit down to .358 and shot it from my Ruger Security-Six--velocities can be blistering!!!...

Just for something to do...

Shoots good from my Mak also...

Good-luck...BCB