PDA

View Full Version : Glock 37 ??

Johnch
08-26-2014, 11:31 PM
Yep it is chambered in the "great" 45 GAP ....LOL....Not great , a big flop

But one of the local "Rambo" Rent A Cop's has one for sale

It has been for sale for a while , so I might ( I will) talk him down to a cheap price
That is IF it can be converted

I know my Glock 22 can be converted to 9 mm by changing the slide and mag
As I understand it the 37 was built on a frame that was either the same size as the 9 MM & 40 S&W or real close

So my thought was if my 9MM slide and mags would work on that frame
I wouldn't have to change parts

So dose anyone have a clue if I could do it ?

I know I could ask to look at it to try the parts
But then the guy would know I was interested and migh not want to lower the price enough

John

Catshooter
08-27-2014, 03:17 AM
John,

I bought a 37 as I like 45s of all sorts of flavors. It eats boolits very well.

Then I bought a G22 upper and slipped it on the 37's lower after I changed the ejector. The GAP and the 40's ejectors are quite different. It eats .40 boolits very well.

Then I picked up a G22 Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel. You guessed it, it does it's thing with boolits very well.

A very nice and versatile piece. Their 39 will do the same also.

Cat

Johnch
08-27-2014, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info

I will see how low I can get the guy to go
As it will make a nice donor frame

John

lefty o
08-27-2014, 11:16 AM
by the time you get it for cheap, and buy a new quality barrel for it, your into money that could buy a brand new one.

Catshooter
08-28-2014, 02:04 AM
by the time you get it for cheap, and buy a new quality barrel for it, your into money that could buy a brand new one.

And have much less versatility to boot. Did you read the OP?

Cat

Johnch
08-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Well the Glock 37 ended up costing me $250
That includes a extra mag and 90 rounds of ammo
As I understand it , he fired a total of 10 round of 45 GAP
And the pistol looks like 100% new in the box

I already had a 9 mm upper and mags
I will get a ejector

I figure the 45 GAP parts may one day be worth playing with

But I figure I got a decent deal on a frame

John

Jailer
08-28-2014, 08:04 PM
$250 is a great score for any Glock in good shape. Ya dun good.

lefty o
08-29-2014, 12:27 AM
And have much less versatility to boot. Did you read the OP?

Cat

so sorry that my reply did not meet with your aproval!

Catshooter
08-29-2014, 03:05 AM
Sweet score.

Even though you may not have purchased it with using the GAP in mind, it's a fine caliber in it's own right. Very accurate and of course in that large a frame very soft shooting.

I have found that for all of my Glocks I have to water drop the boolits or I get leading. Even as oversized as I can get. But then they shoot very well.

What ever you do, don't go looking at a 39 now. A seven shot 45 only a tiny bit bigger than the Glock 26? Stay away, stay away! :)

Cat

MGD
08-29-2014, 08:43 PM
Got a 37 in a trade several years ago, didnt take it too seriously. Then I started using it. It nw has a Bar-Sto barrel and Hienie sights with a lighter connecter. I have shot it exclusively for IDPA for the past two seasons. It shoots great holds ten and throws a H&G 68. Only negative is the difficulty loading the magazines, they are harder than a Sten mag to load fully. Check out Cheyenne Brass Co. if you decide to try it, th once fired bras is increadably cheap.

HawkEyeEarl
08-29-2014, 10:10 PM
That was a good deal. My 45 acp dies work just fine on 45 gap. Not every place has ammo for it but I see it at more than 1 place locally. It handles 45 loads well with somewhat smaller grip. I like the model 39 myself. With a little brass you can reload if you load 45 acp.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Its a shame the GAP didnt take off. It really is a great round IMHO. I own the 37 and the 39. Picked up my 37 from a neighbor after he fired a box of 50 through it. I paid $600 for the gun and 500 rounds of plinking ammo and 100 rounds of HP self defense ammo. I felt pretty good about the deal. I really like the subcompact because it is a TRUE subcompact, like the subcompact 9 and 40. It carries very well. Only downside is the mag capacity.