PDA

View Full Version : Birchwood Casey Foaming Bore Cleaner--Top Notch

birch
08-26-2014, 06:56 PM
I recently listed an old Muzzleloader that has been around the family for years. The last time I shot it, it was deadly accurate at 100 yards. I decided to check everything out before I sent it out and decided to use the Birchwood foam to make sure everything was spic and span before I shipped it. Well, I followed directions, did a swab and finished with Hoppes and looked down the barrel with a flashlight--I found little pits all over that I know were not there a week ago when I listed it. That stuff is amazing and I highly recommend it to anyone buying or selling any gun--especially blackpowder.

The person I was going to sell it to might not have ever noticed the pits. I have a feeling they were filled in with lead and not visible.

Anyhow, if anyone is looking for a good product to truly check out a BP bore, I highly recommend it. I also recommend storing a BP with a nice caking of bore butter.

johnson1942
08-27-2014, 12:10 AM
thanks for the post. probably wouldnt go well with the seasoned bores. i how ever like a clean bore. should have it at true value where i get my powder at. thanks