PDA

View Full Version : A little ,(or a lot) of guideance needed here .

Flashkayak
08-25-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm having trouble getting my lube to stick in the groove when pan lubing. I used the formula with beeswax,mineral oil, castor oil, ivory soap,lanolin, excetera .It sticks to the lube pan like glue, but pulls out of the groove when the boolit is extracted. Tryed heatinh the boolits and lube up at the same time ,let cool overnight and still no luck. Any and all help and advice is more than welcome.
Dick (AKA Flashkayak)

HangFireW8
08-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Try using a Kake Kutter to cut each boolit out.

Calamity Jake
08-25-2014, 11:35 PM
^^^^^^^^ What he said.

waksupi
08-25-2014, 11:54 PM
If you are water dropping your boolits, and they are not perfectly dry, lube will not stick.

Bzcraig
08-26-2014, 12:01 AM
There are a couple of members who make cake cutters including Buckshot.

dromia
08-26-2014, 03:09 AM
On the odd occasion that I want to punish myself by pan lubing I use a fired case, of the calibre the boolit is destined for use in, with the base cut off to allow the boolits to exit.

sthwestvictoria
08-26-2014, 04:59 AM
I use Pan lubing - 70% bee wax, 26% vaseline, 2% lanolin (sold at pharmacy's) and 2% crayon for colour (by weight). The ingredients get melted together on the electric hot plate (also really useful for pre-heating molds) and then poured over boolits that have been stood on their base in the biscuit tin. On cooling the pancake of solidified lube and boolits stuck in them are popped out of the tin and the boolits pushed out base first, ideally when the lube is still a little soft and in a plastic phase.

Pour the wax around the standing up bullets, cool to a soft plastic consistency, remove from the mold and then push the bullets out base first:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wpl7j8.jpg

Your lube seems to have a lot of oils in it, it may be too soft.

gpidaho
08-26-2014, 05:25 PM
I stick my lube cake boolits in into the freezer for three minutes before pushing them out works for me GP

1989toddm
08-26-2014, 06:14 PM
On the odd occasion that I want to punish myself by pan lubing I use a fired case, of the calibre the boolit is destined for use in, with the base cut off to allow the boolits to exit.

This. Except I just drill out the flash hole big enough to accept a nail that then is used to push the lubed boolit out.

Flashkayak
08-27-2014, 02:37 PM
Well, I made a cookie cutter and they come out good. Where do i find the ones guys are making. Mine is pretty rough.
Thanks to all that offered help.
Dick H.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-27-2014, 02:47 PM
I got a few from thecyberguy and they were excellent
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?204-Thecyberguy