PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Need a Thermometer?

11B-101ABN
08-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Was just cruising ebay and came across this. My copy and paste is not 100% yet but it is ebay number 181471072935. A handheld battery operated unit range is -50C to +1300C comes with TWO probes, LCD display all for less than ten bucks delivered to your door. These can be dipped directly in a lead pot, or in a toaster oven for those that powder coat. Quick, Easy, Cheap. Comes from somewhere in Asia, probably take a couple weeks.

mjwcaster
08-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Just looked at it and an FYI it looks like it reads in Celsius.

txsnowman2k2
08-21-2014, 06:27 PM
And it's in China...a forever wait then if returning it becomes necessary,,,,,,,, good luck...tx

DeanWinchester
08-21-2014, 06:34 PM
And it's in China...a forever wait then if returning it becomes necessary,,,,,,,, good luck...tx

Not necessarily true at all. My wife orders silly gimmick ērap from Hong Kong all the time and regularly gets them in less than a couple of weeks.

bspitt
08-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Ordered one...for less than ten dollars and I am thermometerless...might as well give it a trial. I will keep yall posted. Thanks for the heads up

txsnowman2k2
08-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Not necessarily true at all. My wife orders silly gimmick ērap from Hong Kong all the time and regularly gets them in less than a couple of weeks.
i am an ebay nut, have had bad times with out of country buys so i stay away from them. if i find some cheap china/hk stuff, i search and usually find an importer in country selling the same item...anyway just my 5 cents...tx.

DeanWinchester
08-21-2014, 09:45 PM
i am an ebay nut, have had bad times with out of country buys so i stay away from them. if i find some cheap china/hk stuff, i search and usually find an importer in country selling the same item...anyway just my 5 cents...tx.

What i dont understand is, how do they sell stuff for 99¢ free shipping and it come from Hong Kong! My wife bought an led light for her fish tank. 99¢, no shipping, came from Hong Kong. Crazy.

11B-101ABN
08-22-2014, 01:37 AM
Unlike txsnowman2k2, I have had nothing but good things to say about my experience in buying from China. There are a lot of American businesses that could take a lesson from the Chinese in courtesy, attention to detail, and follow up. In the 6 years I have been actively buying on ebay, I have had exactly TWO bad purchases that needed paypal to step in and get a refund for me and BOTH were from my fellow Americans trying to pull a fast one. Since I first posted about the digital thermometer, I found another seller in china selling the same model unit for $6.00 with free shipping, so I ordered two just to play with. Ebay # 111372481384. The reason for the post in the first place was to help those on a tight budget get started in casting and temp control on Powder coating avoid the high cost of equipment. And if these are indeed only reading out in Celsius....well, the conversion formula is readily available for free.