PDA

View Full Version : How did I do? $1342.12 for 5 gallon bucket.

762 shooter
08-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Well, I also got a lot of work done on my work vehicle and the wife's Tahoe.

I inquired if I could get some WW when I dropped the cars off to be worked on. The service manager said that there were several people that came by and they tried to give each person some.

I asked if any of the other lead scroungers had written him a check for $1300+ lately. When I picked up the Tahoe there was a full 5 gal bucket in the back.

I thanked him and he thanked me.

petroid
08-19-2014, 03:16 PM
I'd consider that a freebie, but I hope you don't have to write any more checks like that just to earn it lol

62chevy
08-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Great score as you were going to get 'em fixed anyways the wheel weights are a bonus.

MrWolf
08-19-2014, 07:18 PM
I dud something similiar when I wrote the several thousand dollar check for my son's car and reminded the guy I pay more than his tire guy does :castmine:

Duster340
08-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Nice score. I did that at my tire place last month when I had to spend $1K on tires. Guy said sure, unfortunately pretty much all were steel ww! Guy said lead is no longer legal in IL. Dang!

jsizemore
08-19-2014, 10:51 PM
You write me a check for 1/2 that and I'll put 5-5gallon buckets full in your Tahoe.

dh2
08-19-2014, 11:51 PM
I would say he give you a kiss after he had his fun with you!

6bg6ga
08-20-2014, 06:51 AM
Well, I also got a lot of work done on my work vehicle and the wife's Tahoe.

I inquired if I could get some WW when I dropped the cars off to be worked on. The service manager said that there were several people that came by and they tried to give each person some.

I asked if any of the other lead scroungers had written him a check for $1300+ lately. When I picked up the Tahoe there was a full 5 gal bucket in the back.

Good job on the 5gal bucket. If it had been me I would have been offered the 5 gal bucket for an additional $75.00

WRideout
08-20-2014, 07:20 AM
My service shop gives me WW; sometimes a full 5 gal bucket, sometimes a little box of stick-on. I am always very appreciative, and occasionally bring them pizza or donuts, although the owner protests I don't have to. He is one of the nicest guys I know, and a veteran. He told me once he used to do graphics for the Joint Chiefs at the pentagon. His security clearance must have been way up there.

Wayne

WILCO
08-20-2014, 08:52 AM

Well played Sir! Well played.

Garyshome
08-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Good Deal!

Grump
08-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Um, you mean the check for the work performed was $1,300+ and the fact that you were a *customer* looking to scrounge set you apart from the competition, I hope.

RogerDat
08-22-2014, 05:58 PM
A lot of this stuff and business in general runs on relationships. As a customer that brings your business to the shop you have a relationship that the shop considered of value so you got a bucket of WW's to show their appreciation. Taking some donuts, beverages, pizza or deer sausage to the shop is the same idea.

I asked at one shop where I get WW's who they would recommend to install a trailer brake controller, they said they do them all the time. Case closed as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if they are the least expensive choice (price is reasonable but doubt it's the cheapest) but I do know I value my relationship with the shop so they will get my business.