PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Autocomp for lee 12g 1oz slug / 00 buckshot

glowe
08-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Has anyone used Winchester Auto comp for 12g loads. I can't find any other pistol or shotgun powder, but this is everywhere now. Finding info on this powder is hard for anything other then pistols.

I know it's almost the same burn rate has HS-6. So, I'm guessing to use the HS-6 load data as a base.

Has anyone tried reloading shotgun shells with it?

Thanks

Greg

glowe
08-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Someone has to have an idea?

Hogtamer
08-20-2014, 05:53 PM
i don't remember that powder ever being discussed in this forum....yea the powder lack of availability is a stinker. Seems to be getting a little better though. My go-to is Longshot but have seen none in a year or so.

Vinne
08-20-2014, 07:14 PM
AutoComp is great for my 9mm. I used to use 231 and it was great for 38/357 but only did ok in the 9mm. Then AutoComp came out and I ordered an 8 pounder. As far a shotgun, try Red Dot...it is all I use in my 12 now.

skeettx
08-20-2014, 08:45 PM
AUTOCOMP is extremely fine in the 38 Super, 9mm, 45 ACP and 40 S&W race guns. It’s just the perfect burning speed to feed the compensators with a higher volume of gas. With AUTOCOMP competitors get off faster shots with minimal muzzle flash, it’s a winner.

I no of NO published reloading data for Autocomp and Shotshells

Read the following with fear and check it out carefully.
http://www.shotgunforums.com/forums/shotgun-reloading/2107-lee-1-oz-slug-loads-auto-comp.html

glowe
08-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the feed back. In Toronto powder is a no show. Found a place that had a ton of autocomp and bought 8lb jug. I can always use it for my pistols.
I was looking up the powder burn rates and noticed hs-6 one above autocomp. Then the wheels start turning.

Thanks again