PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter Scope

Gibbs44
08-19-2014, 12:08 AM
I decided that I would put my scope back on my Ruger SBH Hunter tonight. I had it on and all snugged down, and my wife looked at it and commented that it looked like it was canted a little bit, not rotational within the rings, but longitudinal from muzzle to hammer. I was like, no, and then I looked from above, and sure enough it looked like it was about a mm or so off. So I untightened it and wiggled the clamping end while I tightened it down to make sure I didn't have the wedges off. I got it back on and yup, still rotated in the same direction towards the left. Back off it came, and I switched the front and back tightening wedges to see if that would push it to the other side, nope. I guess I'm going to pull my scope out of my rings and see if switching the entire ring will have an effect, not tonight though.

Has anyone noticed anything like this before. I'd try another set of rings, but the only other set of Ruger style rings I have is on my No. 1 holding a scope. I guess it possibly could be that I've got my scope in the rings wrong, or something, though 1mm seems a bit much in that instance. After trying everything that I'm going to try if it is still off, I guess I'll see if Ruger would accept it with my rings and scope to see if the ring cuts are off, or if it is a ring thing.

Then again if it shoots good, I suppose it'll be fine, just funny looking to me, I guess most wouldn't notice at a glance.

Anyway I'd appreciate your thoughts, or experience with a similar matter.

Thanks,

Sully

lefty o
08-19-2014, 12:53 AM
went and looked at mine, pretty much parrallel with the barrel. did not measure , but at most the fron of the scope may be a few thousands lower than at the back of the barrel. you have to look really hard to see it. as is mine has always shot fine.

osteodoc08
08-19-2014, 08:47 AM
If it is canted left or right in relation with the bore, any minute differences will be compounded the further out you shoot.