PDA

View Full Version : non stick aluminum muffin pans

Frugalis Vir
08-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Are non stick aluminum muffin pans OK for making ingots? The one I mention are sold everywhere and are dishwasher safe, available in many different shapes and sizes.
Thanks,
Frugalis Vir (frugal man)

zuke
08-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Yep, I use one for special alloy's

Ed_Shot
08-18-2014, 07:51 AM
I use the non-stick (dark colored) muffin pans from W-mart. Don't think they are made out of aluminum. I use them as-is and they work perfectly. Used the same pans for years.

Wayne Smith
08-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Be careful the first few uses. Some of the non stick combinations gas off a deadly gas when burned.

Frugalis Vir
08-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Thanks, for the replies. You guys have expanded my future muffin tin plans. There are dozens of designs.

el34
08-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Thanks, for the replies. You guys have expanded my future muffin tin plans. There are dozens of designs.

I started with the standard ones then got silly with any other shape I could find. I got some silicone ice cube molds at BedBathBeyond and made cube ingots. They sizzled but held up to the heat.

Tried the square pans but what I settled on is mini-muffin pans, the ingots are a great size for adding to the 20lb pot.

The miniloaf pan ingots are used for bulk storage by some folks because they stack well but for me the ingots are too big, adding one cools the pot way down.