PDA

View Full Version : Perry is gone

GOPHER SLAYER
08-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Looks like we lost another good one. GEEZ! seems we can't catch a break.

cbrick
08-15-2014, 07:44 PM
????????

RED333
08-15-2014, 07:57 PM
Gov Rick Perry I think,
AUSTIN, Texas – Texas Gov. Rick Perry has been indicted for abuse of power after carrying out a threat to veto funding for state public corruption prosecutors.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/15/texas-gov-perry-indicted-for-coercion-for-veto-threat/

starmac
08-15-2014, 08:08 PM
I seriously doubt this goes anywhere, just some of the democratic playbook being hashed out.

texassako
08-15-2014, 08:16 PM

Slick Rick isn't so slick anymore these days. I always wondered why out of state folks thought he was so great. Ever wonder how he got that nickname long ago?

M-Tecs
08-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Perry said Lehmberg, who is based in Austin, should resign after she was arrested and pleaded guilty to drunken driving in April 2013. A video recording made at the jail showed Lehmberg shouting at staffers to call the sheriff, kicking the door of her cell and sticking her tongue out.
Lehmberg faced pressure from other high-profile Republicans in addition to Perry to give up her post. Her blood-alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit for driving.
Lehmberg served about half of her 45-day jail sentence but stayed in office, despite Perry's assertions that her behavior was inappropriate.

This is what Perry did and I like him more for it. http://news.msn.com/us/texas-perry-indicted-for-coercion-for-veto-threat

A special prosecutor spent months calling witnesses and presenting evidence that Perry broke the law when he promised publicly to nix $7.5 million over two years for the public integrity unit run by the office of Travis County Democratic District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg. Lehmberg was convicted of drunken driving, but refused Perry's calls to resign.
Perry's general counsel, Marry Anne Wiley, defended the governor's action.
"The veto in question was made in accordance with the veto authority afforded to every governor under the Texas Constitution," she said. "We will continue to aggressively defend the governor's lawful and constitutional action, and believe we will ultimately prevail."

cbrick
08-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Typical liberal BS, when you have zero ideas of your own and aren't capable forming any you do the only thing left, anything you can dream up that the liberal media will jump all over to smear and destroy the opposition. The only thing this really proves is that they fear him therefore destroy him. Same will happen to the next likely GOP candidate.

Rick

TXGunNut
08-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Just politics, nothing more. Rick Perry is a good man, I'll leave it at that.

MtGun44
08-15-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm betting this is much like the phony prosecution of House Majority Leader Tom Delay, also in a
Texas politically tainted case, where he was convicted but on appeal the conviction was overturned
and he was formally acquitted of all charges. Delay was originally protected by the statute of limitations,
but he waived it himself, preferring to get it cleared up in court rather than have this hanging
over him and giving his enemies the ability to claim that he was guilty but "got off on a technicality".
Unfortunately, he agreed to step down and not run during the trial, so the Persecutor (no misspelling)
achieved his goal of getting a very effective Republican out of Congress.

The Democrat prosecutors in Texas seem particularly prone to bringing these political cases, which appear to
be mostly based on "getting at your enemy". Seems to always be a Dem prosecutor going after
a powerful Republican, with questionable basis in fact, but a easily swayed jury or judge.

We'll see how far this witch hunt goes.

Bill

Garyshome
08-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Sounds like libtard gossip to me.

waksupi
08-16-2014, 12:01 AM
They did the same thing to Scott Walker in Wisconsin. News flash, he's still there! Election cycle sniping.

jmort
08-16-2014, 01:14 AM
These are the same liberal joto maricons that went after Delay.

smokeywolf
08-16-2014, 01:48 AM
Democrats and criminal aliens getting more and more of a foothold in Texas. It is beyond sad.

smokeywolf

starmac
08-16-2014, 02:01 AM
Dumbacrats have had a huge foothold in Austin for many years.

smokeywolf
08-16-2014, 02:19 AM

Eventually, that disease spreads.

w5pv
08-16-2014, 06:38 AM
Go to the Drudge Report You can see how the libtards in Austin are handling this.Look at the viedo of the drunk and you can see why he threaten to withhold funds until she resigned.

monadnock#5
08-16-2014, 06:58 AM
He's still a lot more attractive, both physically and politically, than Chris Crispycreme.

jonp
08-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Yeah....take a minute to research who filed the complaint. A liberal group formed to go after Bush in 2000 and 2004. That they found a Democrat in Austin to file and a grand jury to indict is no surprise. Remember the political prosecution of Tom Delay which was thrown out?

The Dems in Texas can't win elections so spend their time in the courts trying to get the results they don't like overturned. That Perry would try to force out a DA that was arrested for drunk driving and threaten a veto if she did not resign does not bother me in the least. A Gov, President etc that threatens a veto of legislation to get what he/she wants somewhere else is unheard of isn't it?

Remember the old saw about a grand jury and a ham sandwich?

btw: notice the timing? Right on cue for the 2016 Election. Gee, that's odd isn't it

jonp
08-16-2014, 07:20 AM
He's still a lot more attractive, both physically and politically, than Chris Crispycreme.

Lay off crispy creme. You have not lived until you hit the lit up Hot Donut Now sign.

Smoke4320
08-16-2014, 07:21 AM

"Chris Crispycreme"
Now I have to clean the monitor again .. coffee is so had to get out of those cracks

mexicanjoe
08-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Folks do the names Herman Cain and Tom Delay ring a bell??? Once again the liberal Dems in Austin can't come up with something substantive , so they have to find a grand jury to indict someone.......Perry is well within his rights to VETO anything he wants to. Including $$ for a Demo. District attorney who like to drink and drive. Why isn't she indicted and removed from office???. Wait!!!! She a liberal, therefore entitled to do what she wants.... I for one am tired of this double standard. this case will go nowhere, and I hope Perry gets to bring MORE jobs to Texas, where freedom and opportunity run rampant!!

Bullshop
08-16-2014, 10:26 AM
I noticed in the news of the continued rioting in SL that the dem senator after hearing of the release of the video of the convenience store robbery by the gentle giant went through the crowd with a bull horn trying to insite a riot by telling the crowd it was a ploy to try to taint a jury pool.
Now why is this dem senator not being arrested for inciting the riot that took place last night and attacked the very convenience store that the robbery took place in?
If the demicans and republicrats want to play ball let them play but hay don't give the game away what is good with one should be well with the other.
Should make for an interesting game eliminating each others ranks for illegal activity leaving an empty playing field.

TXGunNut
08-16-2014, 11:21 AM

Yes, as the metro areas grow with city folks from other parts of the country we are seeing more than a little blue in a traditional red state. Austin is very liberal, Dallas and Houston are close behind. My hometown of Denton is not the town I grew up in, I avoid it as much as possible. It's like the folks who move to Arizona to escape allergy issues and use the scarce water for landscaping plants.

bangerjim
08-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Just a bunch of AH Dems stirring the pot for elections. They are running scared and are trying ANYTHING they can find to try and hurt conservatives.

This probably will amount to nothing. But is most likely killed his 2016 dreams.

Austin is a cesspool of liberals, just like most college towns. I have relatives (disavowed from my family tree) that live there!

banger

quilbilly
08-16-2014, 12:16 PM
These kind of things to destroy any threats to the Democrats aren't working like they used to. It does show who the D's and Ivy League ruling class Republicans are afraid of.

Garyshome
08-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Haven't seen anything on facebook yet!

TXGunNut
08-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Haven't seen anything on facebook yet!

I'm hoping folks will go past the headlines, sensational journalism and social media before forming an opinion on this matter.

Handloader109
08-16-2014, 07:56 PM
"Chris Crispycreme"
Now I have to clean the monitor again .. coffee is so had to get out of those cracks
Dang I agree, glad I was using my tablet. It wipes off easy

Charley
08-16-2014, 08:58 PM
Remember the quote, "a DA can get an indictment against a ham sandwich". I'm not a huge fan of Pretty Hair Perry, but this is purely political.

fatnhappy
08-16-2014, 09:10 PM
This will get tossed pretty darn fast. The exercise of veto power is his sole prerogative. Any attempt to state otherwise isn't an attack on Perry so much as an attack on the office of Governor. Before all is said and done there will be a dear price paid by Lehmberg and her cabal.

osteodoc08
08-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Are you kidding me? We are wasting tax dollars to determine that he is exercising his rights as Governor to insure there is check and balance of the 3 branches of government?

Unfortunately I had a similar incident when DFACS kept my kids away from me for 3 months because of "emotional trauma inflicted upon the children by taking them hunting and cleaning a squirrel." There was also concerns of "firearms within the home"

I had to hire an attorney and draft up a case against Fayette County GA DFACS (run by DUMBacRATS) for abuse of power. I had my kids back in 1 week.........

My son just commented today that he wants to go squirrel hunting again..........what's a guy to do?

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the political thread area? I dunno.

Finster101
08-16-2014, 10:07 PM
Even David Axlerod said these charges look pretty sketchy.

gew98
08-17-2014, 09:04 AM
Even David Axlerod said these charges look pretty sketchy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/08/16/does-a-governor-have-custody-or-possession-of-funds-the-legislature-wants-to-appropriate-in-a-bill-that-he-vetoes/?tid=collaborative_1.0_strip_3 The author of this article picks apart the spurious indictment so that even a layman can see it's garbage from the outset. Austin liberal slime attempting to get payback for their fat pet's perceived slight due to her DUI and behavior which should be an instant firing from a "public integrity unit".

Three44s
08-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Talking about how libs treat conservatives ........ hows about comparing Lous Lerner's treatment by the libs ...........

........... take the fifth and get a free ride ......... no .... not a smidgen of corruption?

REALLY?

A real double standard ........ what libs dish out (who are just likely doing their do diligence) and what they work at providing for their truely dirty opperatives .............

It's a great life if you don't weaken!

Three 44s

Bad Water Bill
08-17-2014, 09:34 AM
Some times blind staggering drunk is a must to achieve higher office.

Does Teddy Kennedy and a bridge ring a bell?

And remember it took him at least 4 hours of talking with many friends and lawyers before he remembered to notify the police of the submerged vehicle and the pregnant mistress trapped inside.

Wonder why Ma hasn't banned cars as assault weapons and gas tanks with more capacity than 4 PINTS?

gbrown
08-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Typical Texas politics--"Let's apply the law in a manner that we can embarrass the opposition." Official oppression? ---Let's see--a local prosecutor is arrested for DWI and while being processed, is belligerent and demeaning to the LEOs. Resign or I'll withhold funds for your office. Bribery?--Resign as head of the Special Anti-corruption unit, but remain with the D.A.'s office in another position and I will get funding for the unit. Pretty long stretch of the law, all I can say. What's going to be amusing is who pays for Perry's defense--all the acts he alledgedly did was while acting as the governor of the State of Texas--veto power is discretionary as executive of the State. I think Rick Perry has (in the complete picture) done a good job for Texas--he has his agenda, some things I agree with, some maybe not, but he's done good, all in all. Lots of time he is at odds with other Republicans--but from what I've seen, he holds true to his beliefs and won't compromise from his vision of his faith and values. Is he politically motivated? You betcha.

Char-Gar
08-17-2014, 10:49 AM
I have known Rick Perry and his family since 1976. He is a bare knuckle Texas politician of the Lyndon Johnson school. That poor alcoholic Travis Country Democrat DA has bit off more than she can chew. This will not work out well for her. Rick has the best legal minds and talent at his back and will drag her kicking and screaming into the courtroom for a through beating. This will happen pretty quickly, I should think.

His first step, I should think, is to file a motion to quash the indictment. If he draws a non-political District Judge in Travis County, it will be granted. If not then it will be fast tracked through the appellate courts where it will be granted. There is just no way, you can morph a Governor's discretionary official line item veto into a crime. To do so would be to gut the Governor's office of it's power granted by the Texas Constitution. That just isn't going to happen.

He will then proceed to get her indicted for abuse of her office and then get her law license jerked. She still might be able to get elected JP in Travis County as you don't need law license for that office.

There is an old Chinese proverb: "The hardest part of riding a tiger is getting off.".

Some of the left wing Austin democrats are using this poor woman as their stalking horse to try and side track Rick's presidential bid. He is hated by the Austin liberals, which is pretty good reason for me to like him.

Folks who understand Texas politics understand this for what it is i.e. Texas politics. Will this hurt Rick's Presidential hopes? It depends on how quickly he puts this poor dupe of a DA under. I imagine she has a few UT Law Professors meeting with her behind closed doors. I remember the old saying about law school grads: "A students make professors, B students make judges and C students make millions." They will be lunch for the lawyers that eat raw meat and drink blood at Rick's back.

This is gonna be fun! Rick doesn't stand a Chinaman's chance of being elected POTUS anyway.

Char-Gar
08-17-2014, 11:25 AM
I think that position is an elected one so Perry couldn't fire her. Normal Texas way of doing things. Of course the RINOs want him out, Dems are still trying to get the floosie elected. LEOs normally get fired for DUI, even off duty. In Texas, unfortunately, pay the big fine and keep on driving. Poor people just keep on driving anyway. All you cn do to them is a free 90 day vacation.

DUI 3 is a felony in Texas. I know a woman who did a two year stint in a woman's prison for multiple DUIs. After a couple of chances and folks don't learn, they just lock you up in the pen for a year or two. At least you are not going to kill anybody driving drunk if you are in the pen.

M-Tecs
08-17-2014, 11:30 AM
This is gonna be fun! Rick doesn't stand a Chinaman's chance of being elected POTUS anyway.

I agree this will be fun but I think the country is ready for someone that will standup and fight back. Handled properly I think this may increase his chances of being elected POTUS.

Char-Gar
08-17-2014, 12:13 PM
I agree this will be fun but I think the country is ready for someone that will standup and fight back. Handled properly I think this may increase his chances of being elected POTUS.

As much as I like Rick and think he is what this country needs, the Dems will hang George W. Bush around his neck like the dead albatross. This is sad because there is no love lost between Bush and Perry. Bush supported Kay Bailey Hutchinson over Perry in her run for the Governor's office. Perry beat her like a red headed step child and she has not been heard of since. Perry did not forget Bush's betrayal.

None the less, folks who don't understand Texas politics will tar Rick with the same brush as Bush. Bush screwed the pooch big time in the middle east and folks are not ready for another round of that. Perry is a conservative, but a pragmatic sort and is not likely to repeat Bush's mistakes, but folks don't know that. He is just another bigger than life Texan as far as they are concerned. Folks don't really that all Texas governors are not the same.

The Bush's are not really Texans anyway, sorta Carpet Baggers who came to Texas to make it in the "all bidness" which they did. Rick's family have been in Texas for many generations and he is the real deal. I know his mother and father well, and they are salt of the earth people. His daddy flew B-17s out of England and bombed the heck out of Hitler's boys. Rick followed in his father's footsteps and few airplanes for the Texas National Guard after graduation from Texas A&M. When I knew him best, he was just out of the Army and was trying to figure out his next move. He made it into politics and has been the best governor in many many years. He has managed to irritate just about everybody at one time or another, because he is his own man. He is willing to take on anybody, even those in his own party, if he thinks it is the right thing to do. He would make an excellent President, but I think Bush queered that deal for him.

Rick would make a president much like Harry Truman. Truman didn't overthink thing, but took often bold measures when he thought it was the right thing to do and didn't worry much about personal political consequences for him or his party. He was known as "Give Em Hell Harry".

TXGunNut
08-17-2014, 02:42 PM
I'll admit I wasn't much of a Perry fan when I first voted for him but I've been proud to support him every election since. I'm not sure he's the right man for the White House but I do know this indictment is pure, unadulterated political nonsense that has no place in a court of law. In this instance I firmly believe he stood up and did the right thing, that's a rare thing for a politician these days. Unfortunately we now see what that got him.

NavyVet1959
08-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Democrats and criminal aliens getting more and more of a foothold in Texas. It is beyond sad.

Agreed, but the illegal aliens from south of our border do less damage than the immigrants (i.e. Damn Yankees) that cross the other Texas borders. :(

NavyVet1959
08-17-2014, 04:39 PM
I have known Rick Perry and his family since 1976. He is a bare knuckle Texas politician of the Lyndon Johnson school.

So, you're claiming that he had direct involvement in having someone assassinated in order for him to get his current job?

Last I heard, Bush is still alive...

Folks who understand Texas politics understand this for what it is i.e. Texas politics. Will this hurt Rick's Presidential hopes? It depends on how quickly he puts this poor dupe of a DA under. I imagine she has a few UT Law Professors meeting with her behind closed doors. I remember the old saying about law school grads: "A students make professors, B students make judges and C students make millions." They will be lunch for the lawyers that eat raw meat and drink blood at Rick's back.

I like Rick. He's not conservative enough for me, but none of the other choices have ever been either. Some people claim that "he hasn't done anything GOOD for Texas", but on the other hand, he hasn't really done anything BAD either. Nothing wrong with just maintaining the status quo. CHANGE for the sake of change is seldom a good idea. If he quashes this political hack quickly, it ups his reputation and might even get some people inclined to vote for him that normally wouldn't have even given his any thought.

Of course, one might argue that taking the job of POTUS would be a step down from having been the governor of TEXAS though. The pay is a bit better though.

Bad Water Bill
08-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Will he take his vacations on his own property or will he have to spend millions on each vacation he or any of his family wish to spend MY money on.

steamerjames
08-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Perry is a nice fellow but after listening to him on TV ever since I got to TX three years ago, I feel sorry for TX having such an idiot for Gov. He makes bush look like a genus. Even makes Biden look smart.

starmac
08-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Look at how bad he has run Texas in the ground, to see how bad of an idiot he is.

Char-Gar
08-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Perry is a nice fellow but after listening to him on TV ever since I got to TX three years ago, I feel sorry for TX having such an idiot for Gov. He makes bush look like a genus. Even makes Biden look smart.

I bet he could spell "genius".

montana_charlie
08-17-2014, 10:08 PM
He is hated by the Austin liberals, which is pretty good reason for me to like him.
I have seen a number of members here who don't care much for Perry ...

twc1964
08-17-2014, 10:41 PM
+1 On perry being a good guy. he's done more to keep texas up and running than anyone in recent memory.

monadnock#5
08-17-2014, 10:57 PM
I have seen a number of members here who don't care much for Perry ...

I think you just might be on to something here.

NavyVet1959
08-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Look at how bad he has run Texas in the ground, to see how bad of an idiot he is.

Well, then I guess he must be a genius since Texas is definitely a lot better off than when Ann Richards was in office. Any problems we might have are easily attributed to the damn liberals that screw up things in every state.

waksupi
08-18-2014, 12:12 AM
Curse him for low unemployment and no taxes. For shame! The only Texans I ever heard really complain are the Austin Keep it Weird crowd.

smokeywolf
08-18-2014, 01:12 AM
I would gladly trade you one whole Brown (gov. moonbeam) for one tenth of a Perry. I'll even throw in a Fine Swine and one of the worst Boxers you've ever seen.

smokeywolf

Char-Gar
08-18-2014, 01:46 PM
Rick has held the office of Texas Governor longer than any person in history and he could easily win reelection if he chose to run again, which he did not. He has managed to irritate allot of folks with his approach to things, but at the end of the day, Texas has fared better under his administration than any Governor in living memory. That is why he keep being reelected, he gets the job done well for the people of Texas.

We live in a fragmented country and even the various fragments have split and split again. You could run Mickey Mouse for public office and he would be damned by some and praised by others. This make the fact that some of the political types on this board don't like Perry irrelevant. Some of them are just negative and would think George Washington was a closet Commie.

However for anybody who puts on his/her thinking cap and looks at the result of Perry's administration, the picture if very clear. He has done a first rate job as Chief Executive of Texas. In order for everybody to acknowledge that, he would have to have tried to please all the fragments and factions, which I am glad he did not. He did what he thought best for the people of Texas, who are busy making a living, raising a family and don't sit around and do this kind of stuff on the internet.

Dframe
08-18-2014, 04:56 PM
It's all about timing folks. The democrat "Dirty Trick" machine is in full swing!

GREENCOUNTYPETE
08-18-2014, 05:34 PM
They did the same thing to Scott Walker in Wisconsin. News flash, he's still there! Election cycle sniping.

Yup , they even had a real chance , had they run anyone else against Walker when they won the recall election but , a lot of people who were not even walker supports , who may well have even signed the recall just could not stomach the idea that , that it was nothing but a do over election with the exact same 2 candidates , and turned out to be a total waste of money.

but be warned if you singed the recall you wil NEVER get any appointed position by a republic governor again in this state there was a young man just 18 who singed the recall petition almost 2 years later he was being selected as the most qualified candidate to be the student representative on the board of regents for the UW system, got to the point that he was in a press conference with walker shaking hands that aired on tv , someone checked the list realized he was on it and he was told they had found a different candidate the next day

less any of you think these are new tricks most all of this was done in the first 100 years of this nation also , I was interested to find out that Pensilvania has dual consent recording laws that date back to the wax cylinder , politicians would record each other then play back the recording when they person didn't fill a campaign promise.

for a short time the parties almost for along that would be the year both wanted to run General Dwight D. Eisenhower they were much closer in what they wanted to do at that time and have polarized since

pmer
08-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Libs to Perry. "Submit or we'll take you to court!"

Bad Water Bill
08-18-2014, 08:55 PM
The last I heard today.

Perry to libs "see you in court loosers"

gew98
08-18-2014, 10:04 PM
but be warned if you singed the recall you wil NEVER get any appointed position by a republic governor again in this state there was a young man just 18 who singed the recall petition almost 2 years later he was being selected as the most qualified candidate to be the student representative on the board of regents for the UW system, got to the point that he was in a press conference with walker shaking hands that aired on tv , someone checked the list realized he was on it and he was told they had found a different candidate the next day

And what of it ?. Why would anyone put a backstabber amongst their ranks ?. Would you invite anyone into your workplace with that attitude/baggage ?.... would you ?... I'd wager not.

blackthorn
08-19-2014, 11:35 AM
From post #55 "We live in a fragmented country and even the various fragments have split and split again. You could run Mickey Mouse for public office and he would be damned by some and praised by others."

Seems to me you did, and he is!

Char-Gar
08-19-2014, 11:52 AM
From post #55 "We live in a fragmented country and even the various fragments have split and split again. You could run Mickey Mouse for public office and he would be damned by some and praised by others."

Seems to me you did, and he is!

Now just what would a fellow from BC know about Texas and our governor other than what he reads in the press or picks up via hearsay? About as much as I know about that drug addict buffoon elected Mayor of Toronto I should think.

blackthorn
08-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Sorry--- I was not clear! I meant your POTUS not your Texas Governor! Granted my opinion of the current POTUS has come from press, hearsay and comments on this forum!

NavyVet1959
08-19-2014, 06:38 PM
Sorry--- I was not clear! I meant your POTUS not your Texas Governor! Granted my opinion of the current POTUS has come from press, hearsay and comments on this forum!

Right now, Texas legally has a governor. On the other hand, no one has legally held the office of POTUS since January of 2009. We have an illegal squatter residing there right now and a bunch of people who never took an oath to defend the Constitution *enabling* his illegal occupancy. All of them are guilty of treason.

Handloader109
08-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Right now, Texas legally has a governor. On the other hand, no one has legally held the office of POTUS since January of 2009. We have an illegal squatter residing there right now and a bunch of people who never took an oath to defend the Constitution *enabling* his illegal occupancy. All of them are guilty of treason.

Don't quite agree with all of this, but I agree with treason. He has ALLOWED an enormous number of ILLEGAL ALIENS to enter the country and has PREVENTED the deportation of most of these.

NavyVet1959
08-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Don't quite agree with all of this, but I agree with treason. He has ALLOWED an enormous number of ILLEGAL ALIENS to enter the country and has PREVENTED the deportation of most of these.

To be a "natural born" citizen, you must be the offspring of two US citizens. O'Bozo is a "native born" citizen (at best).

quilbilly
08-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Perry fired the DA for a wild drunk driving arrest so she indicted him in retaliation for firing her for cause from an ethics commission. The news is that his mug shot makes him look great while her mug show from her arrest makes her look like a drunk reprobate (which she was and maybe is). Hope they post them side by side for comic relief. Of course the lame stream media won't do that because it would make a Democrat look bad. Nobody ever said politics wasn't a blood sport.

opos
08-19-2014, 08:22 PM
It's going to be interesting...but bottom line...hypothetical at best...Perry vs Hillary...for whom do you vote?

M-Tecs
08-19-2014, 09:17 PM
It's going to be interesting...but bottom line...hypothetical at best...Perry vs Hillary...for whom do you vote?

Anyone that votes for Hillary has to be dumber than the ones that voted for O.

Wayne Smith
08-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Couple of mistakes in this thread. Perry fired nobody. He did nothing that would affect the performance of her legitimate office. All he did was defund a project/position from which she clearly disqualified herself by her behavior. He had both the Constitutional right and the responsibility to do so. I find nothing wrong in this and much to praise.

smokeywolf
08-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Unfortunately, Hitlery will get many votes from women (because she's a woman) for the same reason the 0 got many black votes (because he's black). Also, the negro population will see her as the better bet to keep getting taxpayer funded food, booze, cigarettes, tattoos, piercings, hair and nail salons, etc.
Yes, I know welfare doesn't directly pay for those things other than food. But, many, if not most of those on welfare that I see pictured, have tattoos, piercings and are often smoking cigarettes (or perhaps Swisher Sweets cigars).
Why do they need welfare if they can afford tattoos, piercings, jewelry, nail jobs, hairdos and smokes?

smokeywolf

smokeywolf
08-19-2014, 09:47 PM
Couple of mistakes in this thread. Perry fired nobody. He did nothing that would affect the performance of her legitimate office. All he did was defund a project/position from which she clearly disqualified herself by her behavior. He had both the Constitutional right and the responsibility to do so. I find nothing wrong in this and much to praise.

He was doing what was best for Texas citizens.

A boast that couldn't possibly be made (with a straight face) about gov. moonbeam.

smokeywolf

rick173
08-19-2014, 11:46 PM
We haven't lost him yet. A few thoughts on this:
The woman, The District Attorney of Travis County Texas, went out and got drunk. She wasn't a little drunk. She was **** faced fallen down snokkered. She got caught and it weren't pretty. When she sobered up and got rid of the headache she was apologetic, stood trial, took her medicine, did her time and went back to work. Good for her.
The Chief of Police of Austin, Travis County, Texas, sick of Officers getting caught for Drunk Driving, instituted a no pass policy. You do it your gone. Now I might be wrong, but I believe the DA is the Head Law Enforcement Official of the County they serve. So maybe not so good for her.
Several legal minds around the country have weighed in and said Perry was within the Constitutional Law of the State and had every right to act as he did.
One local commentator said that these kind of Political Prosecutions were becoming a troublesome way of getting rid of political opponents.
All that said, Perry did just manage to make our not so illustrious president look like the fool he is by sending enough DPS Troopers to the Border to seal things up and then backed it up by sending the Texas National Guard to boot. If that ain't yer loud and clear message. Makes we wonder if this deal is "only" a Travis County Democratic move.

NavyVet1959
08-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Anyone that votes for Hillary has to be dumber than the ones that voted for O.

That would be a close call... At least Hillary is legally eligible to hold the office.

bob208
08-20-2014, 11:20 AM
you all are falling for a democrat ploy. our governor is under investigation for this and that. this past few months. why ? he is running for reelection. it is the democrat way. if you can not win on facts you destroy them in court or with investigations.

Echo
08-20-2014, 12:07 PM
A big PLUS 1! He has shown the gonads to do what was the right thing no matter what the political implications were. Texas politics can get real messy - I remember Ballot Box 13 - I was there - LBJ was a Public Speaking teacher at my dad's HS, and the protégé of Tom Connolly, the last of the long-haired frock-coated string-tied Senators.
I hope Perry wins against Hillary. Most folks don't realize she is an Alinskyite, just as is Obama. Her Senior thesis @ Wellesley was about Saul A., and she will continue BO's course.

Char-Gar
08-20-2014, 12:10 PM

For the sake of clarity, I offer this; Nobody questions the Governor's authority to veto the funding for whatever reason he wants. That veto is at his description.

However, he told the drunk DA, if she did not resign, he would veto the funding. It was this threat to defund, if she did not resign, that is the subject of the indictment for "Official Oppression". The veto itself is not part of the alleged criminal act.

So the legal question is; Did the attempt to intimidate the drunk DA into resigning by the threat of a funding veto rise to the level of criminal official oppression.

Rick killed his last Presidential campaign by saying what he really thought in front of a camera. Here again, he said what he thought in front of a camera. He is the kind of guy who does what he feels is "right" and figures that is he does the right thing, it will all come out the way it should. This is the way he (and I were raised), but unfortunately doing what is right is often the wrong thing to do in American politics. Rick has yet to learn this lesson, but I doubt if he wants to learn it. He is just a straight talking Texan and that is the way we operate, but we should stay out of presidential politics for there is no place there for straight shooters. Presidential politics involves the frequent use of weasel words and the ability to be a chameleon and change colors according to our background. Rick does not have that capacity in him.

tygar
08-20-2014, 03:09 PM

I think the demotraitors might have really screwed the pooch on this! Perry will come out of this looking great & a front runner for the nomination.