PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 22 Jet fan in the audience?

FLHTC
08-14-2014, 07:15 PM
I've been looking at the junk table at my local shop and for years, a set of 22 Jet dies kept calling me but never loud enough. Today I finally asked how much they were and $10 out the door did the trick. I annealed a couple 357 cases and both nickel and yellow brass came out perfect. I had wanted to get a 218 barrel just to play with but now, the Jet looks like it's going to be my new project barrel in my Contender. What is the case life of this round? I'm not interested in a Smith so setback isn't an issue but i would like to hear from some experience.

Teddo
08-14-2014, 11:23 PM
I have a 22 super Jet in a 158 H and R Topper but I can't brag on it as It has never shot well.I reamed it out from standard jet to super because the coke bottle shaped cases grew so much that I had to trim them after three shots. The super stretched very little but accuracy was dismal. Your milage may differ.....Teddo

MT Chambers
08-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Two much better cases for loading in a small .22 c.f. are the .22 Ackley hornet and the .218 Mashburn Bee, both have optimized case shape for good case life and accuracy.

George Tucker
08-16-2014, 08:39 PM
I have tried the Jet in 2 diff Rifles, neither one ever shot well, went with the 218 Bee. if you shoot the Jet in a S&W53 without ear plugs, you will never hear the same again, the only thing that comes close to that noise level is the 30 Carbine in a Revolver.

GRUMPA
08-16-2014, 09:01 PM
What is the case life of this round?

Click this link and click the 22Rem jet thread and read the posts, that'll give you a good idea....

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?117-Grumpa