PDA

View Full Version : Dillon 1050 and swaging

1in9twist
08-13-2014, 03:09 AM
I am running mixed commercial/Military .223 brass thru the 1050. Swaging seems to be "OK" but I am having the occasional case seemingly not get enough chamfer and causes issues down the line seating primers. Do you guys sort by headstamp, adjust the swaging rod and run in small batches? Or do you throw em all in there mixed like I am? I am wondering if there is a "Rule of thumb" for proper set up on the swaging system? I have it set to where there isn't any "lift" of the shellplate when the swaging is happening. But I am wondering if I am swaging them too light.

Any words of witt or pointers would be much appreciated.

LUBEDUDE
08-13-2014, 11:00 AM
What a good question.

I only run pistol brass through my 1050 's and have not encountered this problem, though military brass is few. AND I'm sure rifle brass is whole new animal.

I'm sure to be converting over to 223 at some point, so I'd I'm eager to see those seasoned responses as well.

rockrat
08-13-2014, 11:23 AM
I have a little bit of lift on the shellplate on my 1050, IIRC, and don't have any problems with mixed brass.

jmorris
08-13-2014, 11:42 AM
I don't change mine for different head stamps, once I have it set right, I don't touch it.

This is an after/before out of one of mine.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/gn/swage.jpg