PDA

View Full Version : About Time to Call it Quits

deltaenterprizes
08-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Getting where I have the desire but not stamina to continue with a big part of this hobby. I took a treatment for a medical problem recently, tests so far show it worked, but while I feel better strength and stamina have not increased.
I have some machine tools that I plan to sell after I finish 2 more rifles, but need to wait for cooler weather to do the machine work and bluing.
I think by the end of October they should be done.

I have a 14x40 Victor Model B tool room lathe and a Grizzly 9x48 step pulley vertical mill and a small tool and cutter grinder and have plenty of tooling to go with these machines, Starrett & Brown & Sharpe

I am the second owner of the lathe and bought the mill new from Grizzly.

After the machinery is gone, swaging , casting and reloading will go in that order.

Any interest in the machinery?

lancem
08-12-2014, 09:34 PM
I would be interested and later in the year would be perfect.

deathdragon147
08-12-2014, 09:35 PM
What state are u in

deltaenterprizes
08-12-2014, 10:36 PM
East Texas

MaryB
08-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear medical stuff is interfering, forced me into retirement at 46 when my back basically fell apart. Wish I was closer though, want to get a mill for some of the amateur radio amplifier stuff I build.

Outch
08-12-2014, 11:47 PM
I would be interested, I'm in Houston.

bear67
08-13-2014, 07:14 AM
Delta
I am less than an hour from you and have children/grandchildren in Longview. I would be interested in both of your machines. If I can help you out, just let me know.
Bear

BK7saum
08-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Sorry to hear about your condition. I wish I was further along with a shop or I would definitely be interested.

deltaenterprizes
08-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the replies, PMs sent

akajun
08-13-2014, 07:58 PM
I'd be interested in the tool and cutter grinder, very interested.

retread
08-13-2014, 08:12 PM
I would pray that by October you feel so much better that you no longer want to sell!

deltaenterprizes
08-13-2014, 08:17 PM
I would pray that by October you feel so much better that you no longer want to sell!
Thank you, I hope so too, shooting, casting & machining has been my life. Got plenty projects I wanted to do.
The machine tools are great for making those little parts you can't buy.

HeavyMetal
08-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Hoping you feel better fast, getting rid of the machines is a big step and I hope that changes.

MaryB
08-13-2014, 11:38 PM
When I got hurt I sold some of my towers and antennas knowing I could not do the yearly tower climb and hang for an hour making sure everything was tight and all electrical connections were water tight. I regret it and have bought another tower. Need to start digging a 4x4x4 foot deep hole a bit at a time each day for the concrete. This one is going to be on a tilt base with an electric winch for lowering so no climbing to tighten bolts once a year plus way easier antenna access. AT one point I had 3 towers up and 13 antennas in the air plus a 10 foot dish antenna I used to bounce radio signals off the moon... not going that crazy this time, 2 towers and 4 antennas is all my body will handle each fall for maintaining.

TXGunNut
08-14-2014, 09:06 PM
I hope you feel better by this fall, if not take a hard look at your meds. I feel 20 yrs younger after my current doc took me off some meds another doc had me on.

williamwaco
08-14-2014, 09:12 PM
I hope you feel better by this fall, if not take a hard look at your meds. I feel 20 yrs younger after my current doc took me off some meds another doc had me on.

This is good advice.

Take a good luck at your meds. they can cause as many problems as they cure.