PDA

View Full Version : Blue Book of Reloading Equipment?

Ken77539
08-12-2014, 01:27 PM
I'm wanting to do a little (late) "Spring Cleaning" in my reloading shop. I bought a reloading shop in an estate sale a while back and now I've got several presses and other miscellaneous items I'm thinking about selling. Does anyone know of a pricing source, sort of like a "Blue Book" of reloading equipment, that I can refer to to determine fair pricing for what I have?

FYI, what I have are some presses from RCBS, Herters and MEC, RCBS and Lee powder measurers, RCBS beam scale, some Lyman round ball molds, surplus brass etc. Nothing's up for sale right now - just looking for information. Any help / guidance would be appreciated.

seagiant
08-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Hi,
As you probably already know. Most people use the auction sites as a way to set prices! I don't really agree with this as there are a lot of different factors that are not sometimes taken into account. I do get tired of talking to a seller and trying to buy an older peice of equipment that is WAY over priced to me and being told,"I can get that on flea-Bay! Just sayin!

dragon813gt
08-12-2014, 02:42 PM
No books exist. They are worth what someone is willing to pay. You will see the most consumer friendly prices on this site because we all take care of each other. Ebay and other sites like gunbroker are a good barometer for max pricing.

Garyshome
08-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Google it check new and used prices, e bay,amazon, Midway usa. Amazon is usually new and e bay is used so price a little lower than e bay. Don't price higher then new or e bay, or you'll never sell anything.

salpal48
08-12-2014, 03:18 PM
I collect a lot of thing , and reloading equipment is one. With this in mine , like everything else it was never made to collect. It is generally worth what people want to pay.If someone want to use it they will buy it. Prices on Ebay are just that prices. unrealistic most time but sometimes they sell
I alway find my stuff @ gun shows. People there want to get rid of it. If 10 presses are out there for $50.00 common sense yours will not sell for $60

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-15-2014, 08:26 AM
If it's equipment no longer made, hard to determine, but googling that item for sale and looking at what people are posting similar items gives you an idea. If it's equipment in current production and it's clean, lubed up and ready to go, I usually value it at around 80% of retail and sell it in the swap&sell. If I'm priced too high, lack of response will tell me I need to drop the price a bit or there's no one reading my ad who needs/wants that particular oddball item. I've found I have no problem selling anything I've put up for sale here. Most stuff goes the same day I post it and within minutes/hours of posting.

myg30
08-17-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm sure you'll find same products for sale here in swap n sell. You can get a good idea.
Good presses hold good value it seems. Older presses are hit n miss if some one really is looking for a particular press like their dad use to have.
If you want to get rich, sell E bay. You want fair, start here !

Just me $.02 worth

Mike

westen
08-17-2014, 09:32 AM
I bought a Rock Chucker for 60.00 at a local gun shop, thought it was a fair price. came with a few extras.
Also a rcbs powder measure for 40. about new with both inserts.