PDA

View Full Version : Marbles Tang Sight/Marbles Improved Tang at BACo

ktw
01-26-2008, 06:32 PM
I have a Marbles standard tang peep mounted on a rifle. I would like to get more elevation out of it. Buffalo Arms lists a) the standard Marbles Tang, b) Improved Marbles Tangs and c) different height staffs for the Marbles Tang sights.

What I am not clear on is whether I can buy one of the non-standard height staffs and expect it to work on my standard Marbles Tang or whether that will only fit the Improved Marbles Tang?

Anyone have a definitive answer to this?

-ktw

Nueces
01-26-2008, 07:12 PM
ktw, I called Marbles last year with a number of questions about these sights and was referred to Brownells as the outfit to ask. Weird, huh? Brownells thought so, too, but did help me out.

My understanding is that only those sights specifically designed for the replaceable staffs will accept them. The original design, as shipped on some modern rifles, will not accept them. Here are two photos from the Brownells catalog that show the difference. Note the set screw on the dual-staff sight that is not part of the plain sight.

ktw
01-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the info Nueces.

That would make it rather pricey to get a midrange post
New "improved" sight @$170
Midrange post @$50

And that puts you into the price range of a decent, low-end soule sight.

I am tempted to get just the Midrange post and try to swapping parts with the sight I have...

-ktw