PDA

View Full Version : Remington Mod 514 ejector removal.

Sasquatch-1
08-10-2014, 07:45 AM
My M514 has ceased to eject shells. I have been trying to figure out how to get the ejector out of the bolt. I push the spring that holds the ejector in place but then I cannot get a hold on the ejector itself. Is there a trick to this or do I need to grow a second set of hands? [smilie=b:

gunshot98
08-10-2014, 10:59 PM
If you have the pin out, put a little Kroil on it and begin to work it in and out. It may have a burr on it thats holding it. Check the bolt face with a magnifing glass for dents or burrs.

Sasquatch-1
08-11-2014, 07:09 AM
What pin are you talking about?

If you have the pin out,

Murphy
08-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Contact member sbowers , he can most likely what the problem is. The reason I say this, is because he had to work on the extractor of my Remington 514.

Gotta love those old single shot .22's.

Murphy

Sasquatch-1
08-11-2014, 07:53 AM
I believe all it needs is a little touch up with a file. The problem is I can't get it out. I think I might try bending a finish nail so I can push the spring into the bolt and hopefully I will be able to remove the ejector.

Contact member sbowers , he can most likely what the problem is. The reason I say this, is because he had to work on the extractor of my Remington 514.

Gotta love those old single shot .22's.

Murphy

gunshot98
08-11-2014, 03:19 PM
should be a pin that holds the ejector in on the left side of the bolt. I drove mine out from the bottom up. Looking back at your post, could you be talking about the Extractor? If so, push the plunger in as far as it will go, then with a good set of pliers grab the extractor and wiggle it free from its recess. Carefully let down the plunger.

gunshot98
08-11-2014, 03:24 PM
You can also go to www.gunpartscorp.com and pull up the schematic of the 514 to see how it fits in there. They are kinda tough if they haven't ever been removed before.

Sasquatch-1
08-11-2014, 09:04 PM
My mistake, it is the extractor. It seems my problem is I don't have enough hands to hold the bolt, push in the spring and pull out the extractor.

should be a pin that holds the ejector in on the left side of the bolt. I drove mine out from the bottom up. Looking back at your post, could you be talking about the Extractor? If so, push the plunger in as far as it will go, then with a good set of pliers grab the extractor and wiggle it free from its recess. Carefully let down the plunger.

gunshot98
08-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Put the bolt in a padded vise to hold it. A dental pick or something like that will help to push the plunger in, then just wiggle the extractor out of its recess. Good luck

Sasquatch-1
08-13-2014, 07:22 AM
Tried that. Once I got the plunger back the extractor was too tight to pull out.

Put the bolt in a padded vise to hold it. A dental pick or something like that will help to push the plunger in, then just wiggle the extractor out of its recess. Good luck

gunshot98
08-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Sorry, Been at work. It must have some dried dirt build up in the extractor recess. You may have to put some cleaning fluid in there and try to work the extractor loose. I have one of these rifles and know how hard it is to get apart. I wish i could post a video how mine comes out. Let me try to do that this weekend and i'll get back to you.