PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in Nebraska...

Rattus58
01-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Found this on the Archery Talk Forum....

Bill to outlaw hunting, fishing Nebraska
lissen up this was part of a Bill that was being railroaded on the heals of the recent shootings in Omaha Ne yesterday I don't curently know what the status of the vote is but if its hapening here its somthing to look for in your own states

Important Nebraska Second Amendment Bills to be Considered Friday!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

On Friday, January 25, the Senate Judiciary Committee will debate several bills affecting our Second Amendment and hunting rights in Nebraska. The hearing will be held in Room 1113 of the State Capitol at 1:30 p.m.

LB 958, introduced by State Senator Brad Ashford (District 20), would victimize gun-owners a second time by requiring them to report to the police that their firearm has been lost or stolen within 48 hours of discovery or face misdemeanor charges. It would further mandate that every firearm sold to be accompanied with a gun lock or trigger lock and require a trace be performed on any firearm recovered from a person under 18 to determine how and from where the person gained possession.

The second bill up for consideration, LB 929, outlaws hunting, fishing, and trapping in Nebraska and would make anyone who hunts, fishes, or traps guilty of a misdemeanor on the first offense and a felony on the second offense. This outrageous legislation is sponsored by anti-gun State Senator Ernie Chambers (District 11).

Hows that for back door
When the Bow’s bending its ready for sending ____

Guido4198
01-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Ernie Chambers....!!!!
I thought I'd died once, and realized I was living in Nebraska. Stayed out there a lilttle over three yrs. In general...GREAT people, especially out in the Western part of the state where I spent most of my time. As to Ernie....he's that state's token "left wing urban loon". It's usually entertaining to see what that guy comes up with...this latest is no exception.

KCSO
01-26-2008, 06:41 PM
This is Ernie's last year due to term limits and he is fighting every way he can. This bill is one of his ways of digging at the Rural Senators. Brad Ashford is the Omaha anit Senator and we fight him every year. So far this is just business as usual.

miestro_jerry
01-26-2008, 10:02 PM
I realize that a deer rifle in the big city could be used for a sniper rifle, but some people depend on hunting, fishing and traping to live. Does this directly affect the Amish? Around my area they hunt year round.

Secure the RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR ARMS.

Jerry