PDA

View Full Version : Florida Gun sale question??? Can I ship to anther FL resident on my owne w/o ffl

kungfustyle
08-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Hello all,
Is it necessary to to use an FFL when shipping a rifle from one Florida residned to another Florida resident????

kungfustyle
08-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Found it on atf.gov according to that site it is ok to ship intrastate. FYI
http://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons#shipping-firearms-carrier

HATCH
08-09-2014, 06:54 PM
The Feds only get involved when it crosses state lines or is a NFA item.
You might want to check local laws as well.

bubba.50
08-09-2014, 08:23 PM
just make damn sure the person on the other end is legally eligible to receive a fire-arm. luck & have a good'en, bubba.

Finster101
08-10-2014, 08:39 AM
I have purchased a couple in state and all I did was scan and email a copy of my DL and CCW permit and they shipped them to my door.

StratsMan
08-10-2014, 09:37 AM
I have purchased a couple in state and all I did was scan and email a copy of my DL and CCW permit and they shipped them to my door.

As others have indicated, it's the Commerce Clause of the Constitution that gives Feds power over interstate transactions (shipments)... I'm still kinda surprised that a shipping company would do an intrastate shipment, however... Those folks normally have company policy that dictates their behavior. More of a One-Policy-Fits-All arrangement, so they require FFL-FFL transfer all the time. So if you are able to get a shipping company to ship it for you, then good for you!!!

Finster101
08-10-2014, 09:41 AM
I should add my purchases were from individuals and not dealers, so no background check was required.

kungfustyle
08-10-2014, 09:59 AM
That's what I thought. Thanks for the comments.