PDA

View Full Version : dillon 650 woes

mozeppa
08-09-2014, 08:59 AM
i'm doing something wrong.

the alignment of the shell plate seems off....like it needs to rotate clockwise another 3/32nds of an inch.
its crushing the shell mouths with the sizer/de-capper die ...and (or) the powder drop (station 2)
and it seems i have to reach in there every time to tip the shell towards the center of the shell plate just to get it to cycle.

it does this on every caliber i load.

9mm
38 spl
357 mag
.44 mag
.45 apc
.45 colt

called dillon...they sent me an "alignment tool".
it worked , but only if you force the platform clockwise ..(to be precise it was better but not percect.

so i called dillon ...they sent me a new platform....no joy.

really tired of losing brass and trying to salvage primers from crushed carcasses.

i'm not torque-ing the handle.
i'm not going too fast.
everything is set correctly.

is there another tweeking / adjustment on this stupid thing i'm not getting?

there are 2 brackets on the ram body ...one on each side...right at the top of the iron where the ram goes up.
i always thought the one on the right is for ram "play".
the one on the left was shell plate index timing.

what in the name of all that is holy can i do to fix this?

oh ....and by the way.... this occurs on both of my 650's:sad:

signed:

ready to quit and go back to a single stage.

Newboy
08-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Probably don't have the case feed adjusted to push the case all the way in. This happens while primer seating.

clayton4971
08-09-2014, 09:38 AM
I reload 9- 40 and 45s on a 650 and no problems except with military brass. I would stay in contact will Dillon something needs replacing or adjusting .

HATCH
08-09-2014, 09:42 AM
tighten the shell plate to the platform.

too many things
08-09-2014, 09:23 PM
check under the shell plate. bet you have some powder build up. if you got the {bearing kit} trash it its way more trouble than its worth

dnotarianni
08-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Sounds like the center bolt is too tight and not letting the detent ball do it's job

dragonrider
08-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Remove the shellplate loosen the two bolts holding the carrier and rotate it in the direction needed, these bolts are installed in slots in the platform and allow it to move some. I had this problem also and this fixed it.

jmorris
08-10-2014, 09:52 AM
I have corrected the problem without the special tool. As you have tried and had no luck, you should just send it back and let them correct the problem.