PDA

View Full Version : Geezzzzzzzzzz the USGPS

Fly
08-08-2014, 08:02 PM
They wonder way the postal service has been in the red for years.UPS Fedx both are doing great.
I ordered a Lee mold from Midway USA last week.They thought it would be here in east Ok buy Tuesday.

Still not here.Not Midways fault.The package was 1 & 1/2 hours from my home in Tulsa.Check this route
out?It is still not here.:takinWiz:

DALLAS, TX, United States
08/08/2014
11:21 A.M.
Package processed by Post Office
DALLAS, TX, United States
08/07/2014
2:04 P.M.
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX, United States
08/06/2014
6:09 P.M.
TULSA, OK, United States
08/05/2014
5:05 P.M.
Package transferred to local post office
TULSA, OK, United States
08/04/2014
3:46 P.M.
Electronic Shipment Information Received for Package by Post Office
Carrollton, TX, United States
08/04/2014
7:56 A.M.
Postage Paid/Ready for destination post office entry

08/04/2014
6:12 A.M.
Package received for sort by destination UPS Mail Innovations facility
Kansas City, MO, United States
08/02/2014
5:29 A.M.
Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility

08/02/2014
1:03 A.M.
Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility

Kansas City, MO, United States
08/01/2014
12:00 A.M.
Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations

deathdragon147
08-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Unfortunately the gov makes usps pay a large tithe to the gov. They are expected to make so much per year but with almost no funding. Plus in the past year they had to close 25 percent of the distribution plants in the us not including the post offices they closed. Yeah it is sad. My family worked for them for the past 50 years

bubba.50
08-08-2014, 09:22 PM
yer chart shows it as a ups fudge-up not usps. the mail innovations is where ups hands it off to usps to get cheaper delivery to yer door 'cause the postal sevice don'd pay their drivers as much as ups drivers make. this was on the news recently. ups says the final delivery to yer door is where their cost goes up so they hand it off to the goin' broke postal service to take advantage of their cheaper rates.

Fly
08-08-2014, 09:37 PM
OK I get all what your saying.But UPS droped it 1 1/2 hours from my door.USPS sends it to three different towns in Tx &
as far as I know it is still there.You think when I send a letter to Tulsa it goes around the US before I get it???? Come on
this is the Government.
Fly

Garyshome
08-08-2014, 09:45 PM
I like the usps their rates are cheap to ship stuff, no wonder they are loosing money.

wyrmzr
08-08-2014, 10:01 PM
I had a shipment of some parts a while back; they went from Des Moines, IA (just over 2 hours from here) to Puget Sound, then back to Des Moines, then to me. That was USPS doing their job.
Had my first mold delivered this AM via UPS, then handed to USPS locally; it was shipped yesterday from Brownell's, who is a few hours from me in Montezuma, IA. Fortunately, UPS got it to my post office overnight, but that's part of the reason I shop Brownell's...

leeggen
08-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Ordered some things fromMidway and I rec'd them in 2 days. One item was not right so it went back. Midway rec'd it in 2 days. The replacement took 7 days after ups pickup and usps deliverd it. went from Kansas to Tulsa tosomeplace to Memphis to nashvile then to my local then to me. Just amazing how the shipping works.
CD

bubba.50
08-09-2014, 12:04 AM
on the other side of the coin, I did some tradin' with a fellow Virginian a few months ago. I used priority mail from the post office, he used ups. my items went straight up I-81 & he got'em next day. his ups sent parts went from Winchester VA to Hagerstown MD to somewhere in Tennessee to Charlotte NC to Roanoke VA then to the Dublin terminal about a mile from my house. so I guess it goes both ways with spotty service. luck & have a good'en, bubba.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-12-2014, 06:12 AM
The postal service was doing pretty well and was in the process of modernizing and improving, then obuma got in the white house. They've been broke and going down hill ever since as the dems have bled what money they make dry like vampires sucking the last drop from a dying man.