PDA

View Full Version : Less powder but more types of powder

Dave C.
08-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Am I the only one that has less powder in total. But has many different brands of powder?
I was trying to simplify the types of powder on hand. It seems that I use up a part can of powder
only to buy a new type.

Dave C.

Love Life
08-08-2014, 07:49 PM
I have a bunch of powder!!

DeanWinchester
08-08-2014, 08:03 PM
I know what you're saying. I used to have (large) jug after jug of the same ones. Now I have twice as many (small) canisters in twice as many flavors.

lylejb
08-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Your not the only one!

9w1911
08-08-2014, 08:12 PM
no comment :)

dragon813gt
08-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Nope, I have more powder all around. I still have the basic three I use in quantity. But I've also picked up a bunch of others, some in quantity, because I've added a lot of firearms to my collection :)

tazman
08-08-2014, 08:15 PM
With supplies so hard to find around this neighborhood, I have to use whatever I can find.
I go through a lot of pistol powder but have trouble finding the same powder each time I go to the store.
I buy as much as I can afford when I find some, but there are never large containers in the store, only 1lb bottles. Often only 1 or 2 of any type pistol/shotgun powder.
I have several bottles with just a small amount left and can't seem to find another bottle of the same type.
I have worked up a number of good loads with each powder type though.

08-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Over the course of the last two years, the number of types has stayed the same, but the amount of the most used has increased greatly.

bangerjim
08-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Variety is the spice of life.........

banger

plainsman456
08-08-2014, 08:30 PM
I have a few different powders in small amounts.
last week a good friend brought over some shotgun stuff and it included 12lbs of green dot.

Now i have to find a load for it in several firearms.:bigsmyl2:
What a job to have.

jonp
08-08-2014, 08:58 PM
I did but I've narrowed it down to a few that I use the most and have...some...of those on hand

DrCaveman
08-09-2014, 02:46 AM
Yep, it kinda makes load development tough
And kinda screws the old 'be consistent' mentality

Y'all DO know the end of days isnt actually here yet? You dont need to stock 20 years worth of powder.

Seriously, where the hell is the h110 and 2400? Is this some new stock market, resource whoring situation where the one watching the ticker 24/7 is the only one to wield the goods? I guess maybe i should quit my job and spend all day staring at gunbot. Probably turn a tidy profit against the 'suckers' who just like to shoot and hunt.

Gimme a break

dragon813gt
08-09-2014, 07:04 AM
Y'all DO know the end of days isnt actually here yet? You dont need to stock 20 years worth of powder.

Seriously, where the hell is the h110 and 2400?
May not be the end of days but I will eventually be on a fixed income. I'm buying as much as I can afford now. The dollar is weakening every second so I'm also assuming that prices are not going to come down. Don't get mad at people thinking ahead.

As fas as H110 and 2400. They're on the shelf here. H110 was the first one back. We all know by now that it's regional. But both powders are available.

DrCaveman
08-09-2014, 03:40 PM
May not be the end of days but I will eventually be on a fixed income. I'm buying as much as I can afford now. The dollar is weakening every second so I'm also assuming that prices are not going to come down. Don't get mad at people thinking ahead.

As fas as H110 and 2400. They're on the shelf here. H110 was the first one back. We all know by now that it's regional. But both powders are available.

Fair enough, on all counts. I guess it's good to know that some powder is actually on a store shelf, instead of loaded straight from the delivery truck into someone's shopping cart. Maybe one day, it will make it to Oregon. 50bmg powders are pretty much the only ones i see