PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 45 Colt SA

Freightman
01-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Got a 45 Colt SA clone a Gaucho by Taurus, has a trigger that is 3.1# very smoothe blue that is very good and it fires every time (only had 18 rds) brass comming soon. It shot about 3" high but center 3.5" groups but as I said only had a few rounds, this was at 25 yds.Not a Freedom Arms but for under $300 NIB didn't expect it to be. I am not going hunting anyhow just punch paper.

dubber123
01-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Good deal, I have always wanted a single action fixed sight Colt clone, but have always been worried about it shooting left or right. Glad yours is straight on. A lighter boolit, or a faster load will likely get it to point of aim for you.

Freightman
01-26-2008, 09:19 PM
I only had 18 cases and loaded the only 45's I had cast up which were sized for a 1911 I loaded some 300 sized to .454 in the fired cases, didn't size them at all just expanded the mouth a little. Tried them in my revolver and they all went with no trouble.
I had a little trouble the last shooting sesion with the boolits going forward and locked the cylinder down, but I only had the seating die as a crimper. My crimp die arived today with 100 starline brass. I used it on the rounds I loaded and it puts a lot better crimp on the brass.

44man
01-27-2008, 01:33 AM
Better size the brass and use a tiny bit larger expander for the .454 boolits. You are having case tension issues and the crimp will not cure it. Get the tension right and you should get way less then 1" at 25 yd's.
If the boolits are real hard, you can use the regular expander.
Your boolits should not be coming out of the case even with a mild crimp.
Work on your loading procedures and then let us know how the gun shoots.