PDA

View Full Version : 110 Lbs

aspangler
08-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Smelted 110 lbs of WW and Pure today. 19 pure the rest WW. Took a wile even with the 40 lb pot and turkey frier. Nice clean ingots from 5 gal of WW gathered over the last month. Only found two zinc after I started smelting. I had sorted them earlier and found about 10-12 lbs of steel and zinc out of 140 lbs of WW. There were seven lbs of SOWW in the bunch that were melted down with the lead pipe and flashing. Overall a good day smelting.

el34
08-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Overall a good day smelting.

Yep! :drinks:

Vinne
08-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Time well spent...now what you gonna do next week?

jayhkr
08-07-2014, 12:18 AM
I did 360 pounds last week on my "day off" Took the better half of the day and my back was sore, face dirty, and had a few scars from it, but well worth it. Of the 3 full 5 gallon buckets of mixed WW I only had about 30 pounds of steel/zink. Been saving them all up and going to head to the scrap yard where I'll get about .65/pound for them. Have roughly 110 pounds saved up from this year. Trying to decide if I want to swap it for more lead, brass, or just take the cash. We don't shoot a ton, as I have around 2k in brass now so I might just do the cash. Been thinking of modifying an old fryer I've used in the past and making it into a bottom pour smelter like I've seen others on here do. Might be a good project later this winter to try out!

Vinne
08-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Jay, if you have the room think about holding on to it. The way things are going in the coming years the price will only go up...if you can still find it.

jayhkr
08-11-2014, 09:51 PM
But if I hang on to it, then I can't cast later on with it! LOL......money can only buy so much happiness, but a bucket load of bullets will give a lifetime of fun!