PDA

View Full Version : H&R = Head up Rectum

DeanWinchester
08-06-2014, 02:16 PM
These people are ridiculous.
I sent my receiver back to H&R to have a .357 mag barrel fitted. When I called for a return authorization the man said "Yes, we have the .357 barrel in stock."
I shipped the same day. I get an email today showing me where the work is ready to be performed and to call to pay for the service and barrel.

For an HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES I waited to get through, then guess what the lady tells me? Ohh that barrel is back ordered. And they don't have a clue when they'll be in.

High demand creates shortage, I understand, but H&R (Remington) has about the most scatter brained idiots working for them. No wonder all the gun makers are moving to the south. Stupid yanks can't get nothin' done up there. No offense to the few (very few) fine upstanding northerners that grace our community here. :) Ya'll are just "Displaced good ole boys" in my book.

Looks like I will be waiting a while.

Have a nice day ya'll.

1Shirt
08-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Sounds like a Bubba that you were dealing with!
1Shirt!

country gent
08-06-2014, 02:33 PM
I would be more concerned with the 2 diffrent stories, the E mail stating the work is ready to be performed and then on the phone the out of stock. Is your rifle sitting there with the last barrel in stock waiting while a secretary looks at a computer screen telling you its out of stock now? I have several rebarrels and custom builds over the years. One sat for 5 years at the smiths die to crossed signals. Most went very smooth and were very satisfing projects. But Some would be waiting for parts to arrive or for time to open up. Mu one rifle was stated at 8 months lead time and due to wait on barrel became 10-11 months. Be polite and to the point ask what lead time is going to be. Work with them and things will go much better. We had a guy at the local club that ordered a M1A M14 match barrel from a top maker ( almost all his production was bought yp by militaru teams) He was told 1 year. At 1 uear he started calling once a week. I ran into the maker at the nationals that year and He asked if I knew this guy and he told me his order was sitting till he quit calling.

docone31
08-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Bubba the Redneck,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPQM4h-UZtcGets the job done.

08-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Maybe I got the last 357 barrel in stock. I got an email Saturday that they shipped it back to me. They had my receiver for a month. It took me 3 days to get them paid (several phone calls) I hope it shows up today or tomorrow. The barrel swap program happens in North Carolina. Hopefully it will be worth all the hassle for us both :)

DeanWinchester
08-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Maybe I got the last 357 barrel in stock. I got an email Saturday that they shipped it back to me. They had my receiver for a month. It took me 3 days to get them paid (several phone calls) I hope it shows up today or tomorrow. The barrel swap program happens in North Carolina. Hopefully it will be worth all the hassle for us both :)

You probably DID!!!! Alabama ain't far, I oughta get me a rubber hose and take me a short drive south.....:kidding::kidding::kidding:

Kidding. Hope it shoots well fer ya! At least it's in Dixie and not commiefornia Lol!!!!

bubba.50
08-06-2014, 02:44 PM
it's a shame what's happened to the once-proud Remington Arms Co. & even more of a shame what they're doin' to all their umbrella companies. guess that's what happens when it becomes all about the dollar & to hell with the customer.

DeanWinchester
08-06-2014, 02:45 PM
it's a shame what's happened to the once-proud Remington Arms Co. & even more of a shame what they're doin' to all their umbrella companies. guess that's what happens when it becomes all about the dollar & to hell with the customer.

You said it Bubba.
Lets hope they move south and regain some pride.

dtknowles
08-06-2014, 03:37 PM
........Stupid yanks can't get nothin' done up there.........

Have a nice day ya'll.

Stupid Southerners

Tim

DeanWinchester
08-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Stupid Southerners

Tim

YEah, there's a bunch of them down here but I'm currently dealing with New Yuck.

HangFireW8
08-06-2014, 04:09 PM
I would be more concerned with the 2 diffrent stories, the E mail stating the work is ready to be performed and then on the phone the out of stock. Is your rifle sitting there with the last barrel in stock waiting while a secretary looks at a computer screen telling you its out of stock now? I have several rebarrels and custom builds over the years. One sat for 5 years at the smiths die to crossed signals. Most went very smooth and were very satisfing projects. But Some would be waiting for parts to arrive or for time to open up. Mu one rifle was stated at 8 months lead time and due to wait on barrel became 10-11 months. Be polite and to the point ask what lead time is going to be. Work with them and things will go much better. We had a guy at the local club that ordered a M1A M14 match barrel from a top maker ( almost all his production was bought yp by militaru teams) He was told 1 year. At 1 uear he started calling once a week. I ran into the maker at the nationals that year and He asked if I knew this guy and he told me his order was sitting till he quit calling.

Funny story but the truth is, his order will stop sitting when he becomes a top competitor.

Fishman
08-06-2014, 04:11 PM
From reading over at Greybeard's site, it's apparantly common for the customer service reps to state that the barrel is out of stock when it isn't and for the barrel to show in stock when it isn't. Supposedly there is a guy on the site (Brian?) who works there who can give you the real scoop. I don't know how helpful this is, just stating that this story is quite common.

Hardcast416taylor
08-06-2014, 04:26 PM
I sent my receiver back to H&R to have a .357 mag barrel fitted. When I called for a return authorization the man said "Yes, we have the .357 barrel in stock."
I shipped the same day. I get an email today showing me where the work is ready to be performed and to call to pay for the service and barrel.

For an HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES I waited to get through, then guess what the lady tells me? Ohh that barrel is back ordered. And they don't have a clue when they'll be in.

High demand creates shortage, I understand, but H&R (Remington) has about the most scatter brained idiots working for them. No wonder all the gun makers are moving to the south. Stupid yanks can't get nothin' done up there. No offense to the few (very few) fine upstanding northerners that grace our community here. :) Ya'll are just "Displaced good ole boys" in my book.

Have a nice day ya'll.

And to think that I was scratching my chin wondering what is happening to this site? Then I read this posting.Robert

doc1876
08-06-2014, 05:08 PM

Have a nice day ya'll.

As I laugh real hard here, and feel your pain, I have to say.........none taken.

gpidaho
08-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Dean: Saved myself the trouble and just bought the whole rifle. Love it recoils like a pellet gun. Not sure if we are yanks here in Idaho or not. Grew up with a lot of Arkies and Okies and a few from Mo. Enough to make me sound like them. LOL GP

Bullshop
08-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Yank!! and all this time I thought I was a hick. Wait hay I'm from the south, southern MT almost to the Idaho border. I must be a Rebel then as my rebellious nature would attest.

DeanWinchester
08-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Yank!! and all this time I thought I was a hick. Wait hay I'm from the south, southern MT almost to the Idaho border. I must be a Rebel then as my rebellious nature would attest.

Things slowly start to get better as you get west of the big river. Haha!

Littleton Shot Maker
08-06-2014, 07:14 PM
off topic a bit- was told that I would have to wait for my barrel for at least 9 months- OK?! It was during the 1st term of O and I understand- month 10 comes and goes- month 11 comes around I call and "nope"- So I called to cancel get my money back, no answer- no emails- no one there other than to 'take new orders', OK?? call again it's been 11.5 months Nothing- Call one of their Distributors, I get barrel one week later- and almost same day barrel showed up an email from Barrel company telling me barrel is on the way and they did think I should get my money back? The wait was not that bad-but Wanted to charge me a re-stocking fee ( for barrel they never sent) What the heck.

I argue with Co. owner- get money and even though I like the caliber and barrel wish I had never purchased their products nor would I recommned them no matter how many operators say they are the best ......Bull balls!

Flip side of that- i told a guy that I would be gone for 2 weeks and that I would contact him when we got back to get his order started and answer all his questions ( I am on summer vacation at Disney Land Ca. with kids) he called every day 5-10 times a day- finally had to tell him if he could not wait, or understand I was not in the shop then he would not be happy with our product- Took down his name put in on the blacklist board and made sure he did not get called 1st when we got back- after "yanking" my chain (his was a NY yankee too) he decide it was too much work- but he could have read the instructions first before calling me 50 times in 4 days- plus calls would start at 0700hrs Yankee time- told him not to do that- he could not accept we where not on NY time???

it takes all kinds - but for some reason the worst relations I have had in 25 years of bullets and now shotmakers (14 years) have been from the upper 13 original colonies - Ny- Ma- and Il. have the worst rep so far. ALL FROM BIG CITIES not one from the smaller rural farming areas - never- and worst customer of all time so far ( no BS ) NASA Rocket Engineering- 6+ hour on the phone minimum before purchase and at least 5 more after purchase.....he was a scary guy- and he loads ammo too?? 2nd worst ( engineering for Rem/ later Win.) yep he was an expert at everything - he could not follow instruction and even admitted that he had not read the instruction ( politely ) I told him not to call back until he had read them 2 times at least and then to email the list of questions I would answer them one by one...

seaboltm
08-06-2014, 07:56 PM
20 years ago I mailed a NEF 223 back in order to have a 45-70 barrel installed. After about 4 months of calling and asking, I finally asked for my gun to just be returned to me. That took 2 more months. Finally had some supervisor call and say the barrel would be installed and sent to me. I said no, don't do it, just mail my gun and money back. Which they did. After another month or two. I sold the NEF and bought a Contender. In those days T/C customer service was second to none.

DeanWinchester
08-06-2014, 08:02 PM
20 years ago I mailed a NEF 223 back in order to have a 45-70 barrel installed. After about 4 months of calling and asking, I finally asked for my gun to just be returned to me. That took 2 more months. Finally had some supervisor call and say the barrel would be installed and sent to me. I said no, don't do it, just mail my gun and money back. Which they did. After another month or two. I sold the NEF and bought a Contender. In those days T/C customer service was second to none.

How comforting!

Bullshop
08-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Dean you seem so excited about that good news.

troyboy
08-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Customer service is in NC. Barrels,fitting and Manufacturing is in NY. If you want resolution go to the handi forum on Greybeard outdoors and contact Brian. Better yet spend some time over there and learn everything you ever wanted to know about these rifles.

08-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I was wrong. I sent my receiver to NY. I thought I sent it to NC

jaysouth
08-06-2014, 10:14 PM
"Dean"

PM inbound

good luck

JS

jaysouth
08-06-2014, 10:18 PM

Remington has since fixed that. First they shut down the custom shop, then stopped answering the phone. I never could figure out why any investors thought TC was a good fit with Remington.

I am thinking of buying a CVA Scout or Hunter, but I have found that CVA is as disorganized as NEF(H&R).

MaryB
08-06-2014, 11:09 PM
When people want engraving I make sure they know I am disabled and work on my schedule. Typical turn around is 2 days but right now I am in the middle of garden produce season and canning/freezing every day and it is taking a toll on my body. Slowing down some engraving I need to get out but hope to get some on the laser tomorrow. Need to prototype some leather business cards too. Nice to have the food all winter and know it is free from chemicals though!

BrassMagnet
08-06-2014, 11:23 PM

I would like to know who this maker was so I never do business with them!

bikerbeans
08-07-2014, 07:15 AM
The screen name for the fellow at Graybeard that can assist with your barrel is "brian56". Per the GBO resources H&R has the 357 trapper barrels in stock, these are 18.75" with iron sights and d/t for a scope rail. I'm not sure if they have the 22" 357 barrels, which are scope rail only, no irons.

BB

DeanWinchester
08-07-2014, 10:00 AM
UPDATE: Crisis level reduced.:bigsmyl2:

Called again today. Only had to wait about 20-25 minutes. Much better.
Talked to a guy who not only sounded like he knew what he was doing but acted like he wanted to be there helping people, UNLIKE the broad I talked to yesterday. (Might've been this aforementioned Brian character)

Apparently they ARE out of stock...but..there IS a barrel allocated to my receiver to be fitted and returned in the next week or two.

Great! Not only a straight answer but one I wanted to hear too!

Whoever the guy was, I owe him a cold beer.

nekshot
08-07-2014, 10:18 AM
UPDATE: Crisis level reduced.:bigsmyl2:

Called again today. Only had to wait about 20-25 minutes. Much better.
Talked to a guy who not only sounded like he knew what he was doing but acted like he wanted to be there helping people, UNLIKE the broad I talked to yesterday. (Might've been this aforementioned Brian character)

Apparently they ARE out of stock...but..there IS a barrel allocated to my receiver to be fitted and returned in the next week or two.

Great! Not only a straight answer but one I wanted to hear too!

Whoever the guy was, I owe him a cold beer.

make that 2!

DeanWinchester
08-07-2014, 11:16 AM
make that 2!

If he could get it here before range day (last Sunday of the month) and I'll buy him a case!

08-07-2014, 06:03 PM
The UPS man just brought mine to me :) oops, does that sound like I'm rubbing it in? Lol

gpidaho
08-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Like my early post I just cant stand the frustration so when I need a new Handi I just buy the whole darn thing. But I would be happy to help Dean drink that beer if that guy Brian isn't showing up. GP

08-07-2014, 08:08 PM
112886112887here's mine. It was a 1995 NEF 20ga and has the case hardening color (not sure what the finish is called). I knew the barrel wouldn't match but I think it looks fine. I really like the forends better on these models