PDA

View Full Version : Hornady LnL Case feeder problem

stu1ritter
08-06-2014, 06:42 AM
I reload both 32 S&W Long and 32 H&R Magnum. The rotating disc in the case feeder has no problem at all with the shorter S&W Long cases but it seems the H&R cases are tall enough that they are imbalanced and fall out of the grooves and the case feeder ends up running endlessly trying to keep the feed tube full. With the Long's it just moves from case to case as the rotating disc is full of cases but with the H&R it sort of drops one case every 30 seconds. I've contacted Hornady but no answer yet so I thought I'd throw it out here.
thanks,
Stu

lancem
08-06-2014, 08:38 AM
I would try the small rifle disk, since it picks up shells sideways the imbalance problem should go away. I've never had a problem with mine though I don't load the 32's either.

stu1ritter
08-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Thanks Iancem, that might be worth a try. I'll see what Hornady has to say and go from there.
Stu

stu1ritter
08-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Via email Hornady told me to install some washers on the top mount to tilt the hopper forward and on the phone they told me to try the large pistol feed disk. The large feed disk seems to work, almost too well, but it's getting me by for the moment.
Stu

lancem
08-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the update Stu, I'll file this away for future use.