PDA

View Full Version : Lube and resize my cast boolits

Old Scribe
08-05-2014, 01:11 PM
I hope this is the correct forum for my question. I recently bought a Noe mold (269-163FN) and need to lube and size them. I tumble lube with Alox. I use a Lee single stage press for resizing my cast boolits.
Where or what can I use to size the cast 269163 boolits (6.5 Carcano)? Thanks in advance for your input.
:confused:Steve

MT Chambers
08-05-2014, 02:03 PM
There are folks on here that will make you a Lee size die in whatever dia. you want, or better still; get a lube/sizer and order the right dies from other makers on here, esp. Lathesmith with his excellent Star dies.........If you are at all handy, you can buy a slightly smaller Lee die and open it up to .,269" or whatever, there's info on here about that as well.

Wayne Smith
08-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Tell us a little about your experience and what you have. Also what your long term plans are concerning casting and loading. If it is one caliber only there is likely a different answer than if you plan to cast for a dozen or so. If you shoot a lot the answer is different than if you will shoot this gun half a dozen times a year. If you are just getting started in what is likely to be a life long hobby (read addiction!) another answer may apply.