PDA

View Full Version : No.4 Mk.1 Striker remover tube spanner

rvpilot76
01-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Need to know how to make one of these for disassembling my bolt. Anyone here have specs?

Kevin

KCSO
01-25-2008, 03:16 PM
One of the 303 web sites has the specs but I am not sure which one, I thought 303british.com

Boz330
01-25-2008, 04:23 PM
I think I remember seeing one there as well.

Bob

twotoescharlie
01-25-2008, 05:02 PM
very easy to make one out of a old piece of pellet rifle barrel

TTC

Four Fingers of Death
01-25-2008, 05:53 PM
It was on:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/no4new/boltdisassembly/index.asp[/url] 11/20/2004

But this site is no more, the guy got very ill and sold it to some milsup importer, I think it is still going in some form or other.

I was going to add the pics to my photobucket site, but can't seem to be able to lift the pics off the adobe article.

If you want me to email this as an attachment, let me know. Email me at fourfingersofdeath@hotmail.com and I will send it to you.

Anyone else is welcome as well, I will leave it for a day or so and do them all together.

It is basically a thin bit of tube that fits down the inside of the bolt and has two lugs which engage in the firing pin. You may be able to work it out by taking the bolt head off and using a light to peer down there.

There is an aussie guy who makes all of the old armourer's tools for the enfields. He is in Queensland and his brand name is Arrowmark (after the aussie defence force stamp, a big arrow head). He is a bit pricey, but the tools are first rate. Simon Lawrance at Lawrance Ordnance aso distributes them and will ship overseas. Watch the spelling, we spell Ordnance differently down under.

JudgeBAC
01-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Surplus rifles is alive and well at http://www.surplusrifle.com: a great website with good information. You might also want to try www.enfieldrifles.profusehost.net. Another good website for enfields is www3.sympatico.ca/shooters/303Page.htm.

MtGun44
01-27-2008, 07:57 PM
IIRC a piece of 3/8"x .035" wall 4130 aircraft tubing is perfect for this.

Bill

Lloyd Smale
01-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Kevin can you pm me and let me know whats going on with my stock. Dave clements is waiting for it to do my gun.
Need to know how to make one of these for disassembling my bolt. Anyone here have specs?

Kevin