PDA

View Full Version : HOLLYWOOD Senior For Sale

LUBEDUDE
08-04-2014, 12:31 PM
There's a Hollywood Senior aluminum press for sale over at the Swap and Sell section for a good price.

It includes two primer posts and three shell holders , one of them being the modern shell holder adaptor.

The aluminum press is taller than the standard Senior, but not quite as tall as the all steel "Tall Boy". It is is also 10 pounds lighter. But don't let that fool ya. Hollywood had their alloy business down, that is a heavy duty press!

The other desirable option of this press is the Die Bushing. When removed, the 1 1/2 shotgun dies can be used.

There has not been one of these for sale for quite some time. If memory serves me, the last one sold on EBay for between $4-500. And it did not even have the $100 worth of extra goodies.

Dont let this one slip by!

Proceeds go to Jr. Shooters.

youngmman
08-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Just check e bay. Those are for sale regularly. I just saw one listed today. Search "reloading press used"

LUBEDUDE
08-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Just check e bay. Those are for sale regularly. I just saw one listed today. Search "reloading press used"

I beg to differ sir.

On EBay is a Senior Turret .

Totally different animal from the single stage at Swap and Sell.

youngmman
08-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Suit yourself, "sir"

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Youngmman where is this press you speak of? I did a search on ebay and couldn't find the Hollywood senior press like the one for sale in the swapping forum. If you could post a link I would appreciate it, sir.

youngmman
08-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I didn't say it was there now but they show up in all the variations regularly

Alvarez Kelly
08-05-2014, 08:38 PM

There was not one listed when you wrote this. It was a turret press. That's a completely different item. I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but you have learned not to argue Hollywood presses with lubedude. He knows Hollywood presses.

youngmman
08-07-2014, 11:52 AM
I have owned several myself over the years and didn't like them particularly. That doesn't detract from the statement that they show up on e bay regularly weather the one I saw was sold or ended has nothing to do with it.

So where is the argument?

youngmman
08-07-2014, 12:04 PM
There isn't any argument or mistake. There WAS a Hollywood press listed when I wrote that. Weather it was sold or ended before you saw it is totally irrelevant. There are Hollywood Presses that show up in all the variations regularly over time on e bay. It really isn't debatable since I see them. I have owned more than one over the years and never really liked any of them for practical use which is why I don't have any now.................The fact you guys are making an issue about such a simple statement shows you have nothing really useful to do with your time..........but that's your business, bye!

Alvarez Kelly
08-07-2014, 01:27 PM
"A Hollywood press" isn't the same as a Hollywood senior, which was the press the OP was describing.

Another one added to my list.

skeettx
08-07-2014, 01:35 PM
SOLD
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?249572-for-sale-Hollywood-senior-press&highlight=hollywood

youngmman
08-07-2014, 03:27 PM
For God's sake, learn to read.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-07-2014, 04:11 PM
It wasn't the fact that you said something that was incorrect, it was the reply to Lubedude that rubbed me wrong. Lubedude was just trying clarify your mistake and you took it the wrong way. If you can't own up to a simple mistake and if you get upset about it, "sir", then that is your problem. "But that's your business, bye!"

We are all grown-ups here. Some people need to start acting like one.

Alvarez Kelly
08-07-2014, 04:18 PM
ICH; I find the ignore button to be very soothing... :-)

bbqncigars
08-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Ignore button=PLONK. I encourage all those relative net newbies (those who weren't online when bleeding edge was a 2400baud modem;-) to search on yon acronym. Dang whippersnappers.

Hannibal
08-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Just how is the Hollywood Press company doing these days? I'm having a hard time finding any new models . . . . ?

Wayne Smith
08-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Ignore button=PLONK. I encourage all those relative net newbies (those who weren't online when bleeding edge was a 2400baud modem;-) to search on yon acronym. Dang whippersnappers.

2400baud! Baby! My first modem was a 300baud! On and Apple 2e w/CPM card and dual disk drive. Wrote my dissertation on that.

Kevin Rohrer
08-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Just how is the Hollywood Press company doing these days? I'm having a hard time finding any new models . . . . ?

Not so well. The story is that they suffered a fire in the workshop.

However, there is a machinist here who says he plans to make Super Turrets available. I would give my first-born for one, so am waiting...

seagiant
08-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Hi Lube,
Is my Alum. Senior like the one sold? Just wondering where the Alum Seniors are going as far as price today???

Pablo 5959
08-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Someone looking for a Senior?
Pablo

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=939709

LUBEDUDE
08-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Howdy SG, the one on Swap and Swell went for $275 missing some paint. On EBay, you never what the mood is !$$

seagiant
08-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Howdy SG, the one on Swap and Swell went for $275 missing some paint. On EBay, you never what the mood is !$$

Hi,
Yes,you are right of course! I couldn't get the link to work on the Swap and Sale so was wondering what it went for? Thanks!

These old but good, large presses, seem to be going up everytime you look, it's another $50 higher!!! I paid WAY more than what I wanted to pay for my BAIR Kodiak 150 but I got one, and they are still going up!!!