PDA

View Full Version : Tumble lube or lube sizers?

wobble06
08-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Hello all. I'm new to the group so please excuse if this has already been covered or put in the wrong place. I am trying to find out which route would be best. Tumble lube or lube sizer. I will be casting for 9mm, 40 s&w and eventually 30-30 and 270 WIN. I am looking at the equipment needed and I only want to buy once. Please advise.

Beagle333
08-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Lubrisizer. Definitely. They all work, some easier, some better,...... but they all work. Do what you gotta, sell what you gotta.... but get one. 8-)

wobble06
08-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Thats what i was thinking. I know some some like the tumble lube best, but i couldnt see it working as good as a lubesizer. But I have not ever cast a bullet....yet. I want to get as much info on the subject before i buy anything. I dont want to end up with a mold where i can only tumble lube. Id rather buy what works best and be done with it than buy something and not like it and end up buying again. I was already leaning towards the lube sizer just wanted some extra push.

Beagle333
08-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Or you could learn powdercoating from the start, and it'd be cheaper than anything else. It would also handle your 9, 40 and 30-30 easy. I'm just starting to cast for my .270 so I can't promote alternative coatings for it fairly yet..... but even if you had to pan lube those.... how many times you gonna shoot a .270?

Powdercoating, or even Hi-Tek. Just more options for ya.:-D
'Lots to read about in that section of the forum.:coffeecom

wobble06
08-03-2014, 09:51 PM
My Browning X bolt 270WIN is my new toy so actually i have shot it more than anything else. But its time to slow down on it. My Sigs need a little exercise.

dromia
08-04-2014, 01:33 AM
It depends on the application, for 50 yrd plinkers I tumble lube. It is adequate for that. I shoot around 200 310 Cadet rounds a week on an indoor 25 yrd range and they are all tumble lubed and not sized.

When I want more velocity then I go to the sizer and White Label lubes.

If you don't need to size the boolits and liquid lubes are adequate for your application then you can prepare a lot of boolits quickly.