PDA

View Full Version : Lyman pro 500 scale issue

TaylorS
08-03-2014, 06:02 PM
So my relatively new powder scale seems capable of zeroing beyond the adjustment screw length I can hold the beam between my fingers and it'll sit level when on zeros but as you can see in the picture it wants to chase the sky. Are the magnets messed up? I've rubbed it down to get rid of the static and it's still doing this any ideas?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/04/hu8avu3e.jpg

country gent
08-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Ceck it over very carefully. Also check the surface its on to insure it level, If the surface isnt level you lose adjustment making up for the unlevel surface. The scale pan seat should have a cup on the bottom held on with one screw in the center. Inside of this is some small shot. If everything is rigid and level remove enough shot to zero and then check with a set of check wieghts to insure accuracy of the unit. Double check that beam and slides are in proper places also.

TaylorS
08-03-2014, 06:36 PM
I got it to tell me it's reading 1.9gr heavy and did like you said pulled enough weight to 0 it where I needed it but no check weights so I'm sol til I get some stuff ordered

country gent
08-03-2014, 09:53 PM
A few small bullets 35-100 grns or so will give an idea of if its close. But a set of rcbs check wieghts will tell if its dead right at the range most work at. Another plus for owning the check wieghts is you can "check" the scales at a given charge wieght, IE 15.4 grns or very close to it. Knowing now your scales and settings re correct.