PDA

View Full Version : Bump firing made easy.................

Buckshot
01-25-2008, 05:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-nUA52BS3c&NR=1

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQrtzSdVDo&NR=1

...................Buckshot

bullshot
01-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Kinda like spray and pray

10-x
01-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Many years ago I knew an individual that made a rig with a small (2-3")expansion spring with a loop on both ends, couple of "O" rings and 8-10"fishing leader/line

small "O"ring.........spring......fishing line......larger "O" ring

o-vvvvv-------------------------------O

small "O" ring slipped over trigger, large"O" ring over OP rod......pull slightly to the rear on fishing line............
BTW naturally only works "Boolit launchers" with Op rods.......

10-x

shooting on a shoestring
01-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Gee!! What a way to get rid of ammunition.

I think I'll try that with my .32 muzzle loader next time I'm at the range.

dromia
01-25-2008, 02:11 PM
First thought - Why?

Then something about the devil and idle hands comes to mind. :twisted:

45nut
01-25-2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVfwFP_RwTQ

a simple and accurate way....

Kraschenbirn
01-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Shouldn't take too many full-mag bursts like that to burn out an AR barrel...which, in this case, really might not be a bad thing.

Bill

KCSO
01-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Been there done that, with SKS, Garand and AR platforms and a 1911. NO accuracy al it does is waste ammo. I hope whoever wants to shoot at me uses this technique. I'd rather shoot my single shots.

montana_charlie
01-25-2008, 04:01 PM
We (you and I as shooters) can appreciate those methods...or disparage them...as the mood suits us. But the average non-shooting citizen will look at them - and feel like he understands why any semi-automatic firearm might need to be banned.

I wish people didn't have this undeniable urge to post videos like those on something so 'public'...
CM

Blammer
01-25-2008, 04:29 PM
I was looking for the one where the bikini clad women are shooting them....

Nuthin like a little "jiggle" to make watching em fun.... :)

wolfspotter
01-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Never tried bumping my CETME, AR 15 or M1 carbine but it's fun to see other guys doing it. I prefer shooting tracers at a frozen, snow covered backstop at 200yds. The tracer compound separates from the bullet on impact and flies another 75 to 100 yds in all directions. :mrgreen:
Of course I stay for a couple hours to make sure nothing is on fire down range.[smilie=1:

grumpy one
01-25-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm all for freedom of speech, but I wish people would choose to restrain themselves from posting stuff like that. I end up thinking about some kid doing it at school or in a shopping mall. It has no sensible purpose, and it just might tip some semi-nutter over the edge.

Ron
01-26-2008, 05:23 AM
Sometimes we shooters are our own worst enemy. All this does is give the anti's more ammunition to hurt our sport.

tom barthel
01-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to dig a hole and bury the ammo?

RU shooter
01-26-2008, 12:26 PM
I see no point in this, Your not hitting your intended target:confused: ,Why not just spend the 200 for the tax stamp and do it right !use a automatic weapon as it was designed to against your shoulder and aiming the thing with the sights! If you just want to make noise why not just use blank ammo or firecrackers What a waste!

KCSO
01-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Regardless of the IMPRESSION the fact is that this is just a useless waste of ammo. I would be the first to admit that full auto is FUN. If someone wants to have fun more power to them, and most people like to share their fun with their friends.
Because adults are suppose to be able to seperate impression from fact and make adult judgments. The fact that so few of our elected representitives are able or willing to do this discredits both them and the people who elect them.
I once demonstrated to State Senators that the 10 round limit was hokum. We fired 30 rounds of ammo from 2 15 round magazines and 30 from 3 10's and the difference in time was 2.3 seconds by pact timer. The only comment we got was, "Gee maybe 10 rounds is too much". If we had no semi auto guns tomorrow revolvers or single shots or knives or bows or clubs would be next on the list as sheeple don't want anyone armed with anything and would prefer that we all grazed as a pack and just sacrafice the occasional straggler at the edge of the herd.

9.3X62AL
01-26-2008, 02:33 PM
+1 to KCSO. The killjoy hoplophobes don't like anything that gunowners do or own, and a lot of them make good livings from the spin-off effects of those grazers taken at the edge of the herd. It is a culture war, not all that different from what the Shiites and Sunnis are engaged in within Iraq--just not yet as intense.

The nutcranks in school sites and shopping malls are a danger NOT because people play with semi-autos in the fashions shown on Youtube--but because the government and private sector hoplophobes pre-plow these killing fields via gun-free zoning or prohibition of right-to-carry. I believe RIGHT TO THE GROUND that an armed society is a polite society. Life cannot be free and risk-free at the same time.

My caveat would be that just about every semi-auto variant of a select-fire system (AK, AR-15, M-1 Carbine, Mini-14) that I saw unlawfully modified to go full auto did not hold up for very long, even when high-stress lubricants were used on moving parts. The metallurgy on many components in semi-autos is NOT to the standard of metallurgy in purpose-built select-fire systems. To my mind--it is abuse to the firearm.

400cor-bon
01-27-2008, 07:15 PM
If the anti gunner get ahold of this cr@p
they will use it to argue their semiauto bans again.

Bigjohn
01-28-2008, 01:18 AM
I spent the best part of six years in the ARMY Reserves carrying an GPMG M-60 around the countryside. With all the training involved, I really enjoyed my time as No.1 Gunner; especially at the end of a range shoot when spare or excess ammunition had to be disposed of! We had a lot of firing practice with that.

About the only other exciting moment was the day we were being airlifted from one position and inserted into 'hostile' country; (some farmers paddock).
We had along a Medic from the Hawiaian National Guard (Hausman, I think); did not get his seat belt done up due to the gear he was carrying.

When the HUEY banked to come in to the LZ, it was our side down and he was heading for a freefall jump with no 'chute. It was not and easy thing holding on to him and the 60 and praying that my belt would hold. We got down alright, but I think he may have being packin' a little more than equipment in his dak's that day.

He paid me back by puttin' me in hospital 3 days later with heat exhaustion. Lost track of him after that.

Anyhow, I have had my fill of full auto and perfer single shot rifles today, but that does not mean I would turn down a trip to KNOB Creek.

It was great fun while it lasted,
John.

10-x
01-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Wow,
Very true about the "antis" getting this and twisting it around.
Guess this is what the 1st Amendment is all about, in no way similar to yelling fire in a crowed theater, but do not want to give some "wacko" any ideas.

No truer words spoken about full auto, it is what it is and in untrained hands not as effecient as a shotgun.
These guys need to go to Knob Creek or check around, many states have M.G. clubs and shoots but they are very low key. In fact was at one in N.C. back in September, good safe time had by all.

On the other hand, this and more can be found online.
Ever hear of "The Anarchist cookbook"?
Been around for over 30 years. Now there is some really dangerous stuff in it, not the print per se but the processes some "wackos" may attempt to follow.

10-x

NRA Endowment
H.R.M.S.
N.F.A.C.

All in all /SIZE]

Wicky
01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
While we keep posting this kind of thing on the internet the anti gun crowds will keep throwing it back in our faces and bleating for more controls. I am not a wowser and thoroughly enjoy a bit of fun, but we need to keep it to ourselves. Have a look at us in Australia we get apathetic and lose out semi auto rifles still do nothing and away go our semi auto pistols above 38 cal, police use 40 S&W - must be bigger than the populace, and magazine capacities above 10!

Ricochet
01-28-2008, 06:04 PM
I have read some explosive "recipes" in the Anarchist's Cookbook that would surely blow you up if you tried to use them. Rumor has it that the A.C. was disseminated by the CIA as disinformation.

10-x
01-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Got my copy way back when I came home from RVN and stationed at Ft Bragg.........Fun reading on cold rainy days when you are not casting or reloading.

The S.F. had a great saying in Vietnam concerning the winning of the "Hearts and Minds " of the Vietnamese............."When you have them by the Balls, their hearts and Minds will Follow"..........No truer words spoken.
Strange thought just occured to me.........might work in Iraq......or anywhere else over there..........we need the balls to apply it............

10-x

NRA Endowment
H.R.M.S.
N.F.A.C.
RVN Veteran