PDA

View Full Version : 22 tcm

Gtek
08-01-2014, 10:23 PM
In a pistol, not much woo-hoo factor for me. But I cannot stop thinking/building in my head a short action or a single poke something with a 12 or 14 or maybe a 16 twist 16" tube with threads on the front just in case. Is it just me?

kencha
08-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Nope. I've been patiently waiting for Armscor to release their 22TCM bolt action rifle since announced at SHOT 2013.

I don't know where it is supposed to be made: their new facility in NV (I don't know if it is complete yet) or in the Philippines (typhoon last year?). Either way, no hint of them yet...

I almost built a Savage into one. Decided to use it for something else, and continue waiting. Maybe I'll still do it if I run into another Savage action for cheap.

shooterbob
08-02-2014, 01:23 AM
Contender barrels are available in 22 tcm now. Been thinking of trying one

Camba
08-03-2014, 01:46 AM
I like one in a single shot to use longer bullets than what the pistol uses. Prefer the contender; although, I already have the contender with the 5.7x28 chambering and it is a joy to shoot. The 22 TCM seems to have a little more room to try different loads than the 5.7x28. I do like the 5.7x28. You use very little powder to get 22 mag, 22 hornet velocities.
Camba

NavyVet1959
08-03-2014, 02:24 AM
I figure for a rifle, I would just load .223 with a few grains of Red Dot to get .22TCM velocities. And still have room for going higher. For a handgun though, I like that RIA M1911 double stack with the extra 9mm barrel and spring.

oger
08-03-2014, 09:39 AM
The LGS owner has a contender custom made a while ago (he had to supply the reamer) it's a lite weight 16in that he absolutely loves.

Gtek
08-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Just thoughts from possibly being in this mental place of what if ( ) for too long. I have what I would call more than enough stuff to make a whole bunch of 22TCM's up. Having not figured out how to reload rim fire yet, and at probably 4-8 grains of whatever, bulk bullets, 700-1750 rounds per pound is just over 22LR prices that you cannot find today. Boolits puts it easily under ten cents a round at todays prices. A single shot could be pulled off with little fuss, trying to figure out a bolt with pistol mag. The forward locking lugs are the killer in area behind chamber with up to one inch of unsupported/uncontrolled in and out. See how well I have advanced in the justification/process of building me a new toy!

kencha
08-03-2014, 01:27 PM
FWIW, I just received a reply from Armscor (on a Sunday) about their 22TCM bolt action:

They are Made in the Philippines, They should start shipping mid august

I wouldn't recommend holding your breath, but...

I've had a preorder in place for many months. I wonder if it is still active.

porkchop bob
09-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Armscor news release reports 100 22 TCM rifles were released in August and 300 to be released in September and each month thereafter. It looks like Armscor's 22-Hornet and 22-TCM rifles are using the same barrel.

leftiye
09-07-2014, 05:38 AM
Just thoughts from possibly being in this mental place of what if ( ) for too long. I have what I would call more than enough stuff to make a whole bunch of 22TCM's up. Having not figured out how to reload rim fire yet, and at probably 4-8 grains of whatever, bulk bullets, 700-1750 rounds per pound is just over 22LR prices that you cannot find today. Boolits puts it easily under ten cents a round at todays prices. A single shot could be pulled off with little fuss, trying to figure out a bolt with pistol mag. The forward locking lugs are the killer in area behind chamber with up to one inch of unsupported/uncontrolled in and out. See how well I have advanced in the justification/process of building me a new toy!

9mm Largo destroyer rifle with necked down cases and .22 barrel?

oger
09-07-2014, 11:54 AM
I have one of the new carbines, unless I can get it worked out I wouldn't get to excited yet.