PDA

View Full Version : Who makes lub cutters now?

Blackwater
07-31-2014, 09:21 PM
When I started casting over 40 yrs. ago, I pan lubed and used the lub cutters made by Lee, but haven't seen them in quite a few years (decades?) Does anyone make them any more?

RickinTN
07-31-2014, 09:46 PM
A fellow on this site. I bought a couple of them a few weeks ago and they look great. I haven't had the opportunity to use mine, but am looking forward to it. Look in the "Vendor/Sponsor" section and his name is "Cyberguy" as I recall. Price is reasonable, and he ships quickly, at least he did mine. I can highly recommend him.
Rick

Le Loup Solitaire
07-31-2014, 10:35 PM
Lube cutters used in pan lubing (cutting the bullets out of the lube) made by Lyman and Lee were/are well made and do a good job. You also can make your own quite easily (and cheaply/cheaper) out of a rifle caliber casing with or without the rim cut off. if you keep the rim you must drill out the primer pocket so that you can install a plunger to push the bullet out of the neck after you have cut the bullet out of the lube. The plunger ought to have a flat pusher surface...for the finger. Wood, aluminum disc or even a button cemented in place will do the job. It all may not look as fancy as the Lee or Lyman, but it works just as well. LLS

runfiverun
08-01-2014, 12:28 AM
cyberguy.
he should be in the vendor/sponsor section also.

he actually cares about his work and in getting a good fit for a wide variety of molds.
I just sent him a list of the as poured diameters from several of my [eclectic] although meager [not according to the wife] mold collection with a couple of different fairly common alloy's.