PDA

View Full Version : Prayers my brothers and sisters

ga41
07-31-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm not one to ask and even then, not without total humility, so please bear with me. My wife and I went through some very tough financial times a few years back and were making a slow but steady recovery while she was working on her degree ( she went back to school as we are on in our years) We were on vacation in May and got a call on the 13th saying my employer was going in a different direction and as such, my boss and my jobs were being eliminated. Not really as the other company bought in their guys....Anyway, we were of good spirits at the time, knowing ? that something better was coming. Well we are now 2 months past that and while there are some possibilities, nothing for sure and the one offer we have is 1000 miles away in CT....We much prefer to stay in the SE where we were born and raised, just asking for some real down home prayers.
Sorry for rambling on

smokeywolf
07-31-2014, 08:59 PM
Sorry that you're having such difficulties. Just remember, it really is true that, "it's always darkest before the dawn".

RED333
07-31-2014, 10:01 PM
O Lord thank you for another day, look after us, guide us.
Thank you Lord for another day.

obssd1958
07-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Prayers for you and your wife.
Been there - done that - and all I can say, is that we have a wonderful God and we are SO blessed!!

Don

Bzcraig
08-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Brother keep trusting The Lord, take a day at a time, yet keep in mind what you want may not be what He wants. Several years back we wanted out of CA real bad (go figure). Well, we still want out but that door has not yet opened. I'm hoping when it does, He will find us a place with a range in the back yard!

Wayne Smith
08-01-2014, 07:24 AM
Decisions are sometimes difficult. I have frequently told the Lord that something looks good to me and I will take it unless he closes the door. He has closed a few in my life. CT, eh? Have you any desire to be a missionary? You will be there.

AlaskanGuy
08-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Prayers sent for guidance.... And +1 to what wayne says.... Wise words...

AG

square butte
08-01-2014, 07:29 PM
My wife and I have prayed our way through many a dark day - Prayers were answered. Our prayers are with you

Charlie Two Tracks
08-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Prayer said for guidance and peace. Hang in there. There have been many times in our lives that our feet have been knocked out from under us but something always came by that was better. Never in my own time period though.