01-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Tonight on the way home I stoped into a local gunshop
The owner was PO'ed at a customer on the phone
The customer had ordered a Rem 799 ( InterArms Mini Mauser SP ) in 7.62 x 39
The owner had found one on close out and ordered it without getting a deposit

But when the rifle arived the guy backed out

So I offered to buy it , the Redfeild base and rings at cost
Well long story short , he took me up on it

$450 for the rifle , base and rings and 6.5% more for the tax , just the rifle is normaly $529.99 dealer cost
I filled out the 4473 and 5 min later I walked out to the truck , broke again

Just have to slug the barrel

I have loads of moulds that should work
Brass and dies are on the shelf for the SKS
Just have to mount a scope on it and try it out this week end

John

HollandNut
01-24-2008, 08:57 PM
I been there before :mrgreen:

Hafta be real careful walkin' in the door when ya git home tho'[smilie=1:

StrawHat
01-24-2008, 09:24 PM
johnch,

Great little boltgun!

Wish I had never let mine go.

When/if you lose interest in it, keep a fellow Buckeye in mind!

400cor-bon
01-24-2008, 09:26 PM
I been there before :mrgreen:

Hafta be real careful walkin' in the door when ya git home tho'[smilie=1:

Thats the beauty of handguns, you can conceal them from the wife easier

Honestly honey that 1911 has always been stainless!
It just has some new grips so it looks different. . . . :mrgreen:

10-x
01-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Years ago a friend of mine would try and sneak a new gun in the house, his wife(ex now) would catch him often and ask,"Well when did you buy that"? He was pretty quick....would always say....."OH it belongs to (one of us) , I'm fixing something on it".....many were class 3 so we're talking serious $$$.
Anyway they split and she ended up getting just about half of everything he had!Had to sell most of his guns!

Moral of the story.......teach your wife to shoot and buy her nice "Girl Guns"......

10-x

NRA Endowment
H.R.M.S.
N.F.A.C.

buckndee
01-24-2008, 10:50 PM
I do not have that problem with my wife. I just leave the new gun on the coffee table (Hand gun) or standing in the corner at the front door (long guns) for a week or so till see tells me to put my toys (Guns) back in the gun safe. I taught her to shoot and hunt but I have failed miserably when it comes to gun identification. The problem I have is the 5ft gun safe is full!!!!

rockrat
01-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Be careful when you go out to shoot the gun. I have one and need to send parts of it back to the factory. I took some Laupua ammo out to the range to see how it shot. Couple of good shots, then a flyer. After about 30 rounds it was getting real squirrely. Went to pick up my brass off the table and the rear action screw was laying on the table, or at least what was left of it. It had sheared and the action had moved rearward and damaged the stock. Front action screw was real tight and what was left of the rear screw was still in the action. Need to send the stock back and get another screw.

Not impressed with the 799 so far[smilie=b:

Ricochet
01-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Last year I got a hankering for one of those mini-Mausers in 7.62z39 as a Mannlicher style carbine. I don't think Remington imports it that way, though Zastava makes them for sale elsewhere. Remington's the exclusive U.S. importer for Zastava now. Baikal, also.

Herb in Pa
01-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Be careful when you go out to shoot the gun. I have one and need to send parts of it back to the factory. I took some Laupua ammo out to the range to see how it shot. Couple of good shots, then a flyer. After about 30 rounds it was getting real squirrely. Went to pick up my brass off the table and the rear action screw was laying on the table, or at least what was left of it. It had sheared and the action had moved rearward and damaged the stock. Front action screw was real tight and what was left of the rear screw was still in the action. Need to send the stock back and get another screw.

Not impressed with the 799 so far[smilie=b:

Thank you for your inquiry. The 799 in 7.62 has a land diameter of .300 with a groove diameter of .311. So, it will shoot .308 & .309 diameter bullets. So we recommend you stick with Remington or domestic ammunition with a .309 bullet diameter. From Remington last year.........

Lloyd Smale
01-26-2008, 07:21 AM
Old lady just asked about the new #1 4570 propped up agains the gun safe yesterday. She just smiled and said NEW GUN. I causually said nope ive had it for years. Its one thing nice about having so many. She doesnt have a clue!

PatMarlin
01-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Old lady just asked about the new #1 4570 propped up agains the gun safe yesterday. She just smiled and said NEW GUN. I causually said nope ive had it for years. Its one thing nice about having so many. She doesnt have a clue!

"Honey, don't you remember this old thing?" ....:mrgreen:

miestro_jerry
01-26-2008, 10:15 PM
I don't have a significant other, but have a lady friend who carries a 45. She understands why I buy guns, when ground hog hunting she reminds me about 3 in the head to make sure they are dead. Generally one shot from any of my rifles does a G'hog in. I believe in over whelming force, like a 45-70 with 500gr boolit.

Of course she unloads 5 or 7 round at G' Hogs on the spray and pray theory. :Fire:

She is now learning about reloading, instead of buying at the store. This summer I will teacher her how to cast Boolits.

Jerry

Ricochet
01-26-2008, 11:50 PM
If she's nailing groundhogs with that .45 she carries, who cares if she slings 5 or 7 boolits at them? She's doing alright. :mrgreen:

Try not to piss her off too bad if she believes in the 3 in the head theory...

Ken
02-24-2008, 12:28 PM
My wife of 40 years just wants me to keep a good invetory of my guns and high dollar scopes so she will know what they are worth when I croak. Calls it her "long term care insurance".