PDA

View Full Version : New Ruger LC9S

FergusonTO35
07-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Ruger has just announced a striker fired version of the LC9 called the LC9S. It's on their website and the owners manual with parts breakdown is already posted. Looks like the took the original DAO pistol and gave it a Glock like striker and extractor with a Kahr like sear and trigger system. Not exactly original but it probably works quite well just the same. I'm going to go through the parts breakdown and see just what interchanges between this one and the original. Surprisingly, you can buy almost all the parts for the LC9 from Ruger and places like Brownells and Midway for very reasonable prices. That is important to me because I like to keep a stock of spares for all my guns.

I'm thinking one of these may just be in my future. My current usual CCW is my Kel-Tec PF9. It is easy to carry, super dependable, and I can shoot it as well as my revolvers in double action. Unfortunately it flings brass into the next county and its not the most durable pistol out there. I'm really liking the sound of the LC9S. Uses the same holsters and almost the same size as the PF9, Ruger quality, and much better trigger pull for (fingers crossed) a real world price under $400.00. It just might succeed where the Kahr CW9 I used to have did not: a lightweight, quality, thin 9mm that I can shoot really well.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9s/images/3235.jpg