PDA

View Full Version : Brass Catcher for .351 WSL

richhodg66
07-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Has anyone made or modified a brass catcher to hang on a 1907 Winchester? Brass is hard enough to find for one and expensive that I really don't want to lose any. I tried using a cardboard box next to the rifle, but it didn't work as well as I'd hoped.

bruce drake
07-29-2014, 09:41 AM
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=40089

This fellow on the CMP Forum has done what a lot of us who have had to shoot on ranges that keep brass if it lands on the ground...

PVC pipe frame with mesh laundry bags. inexpensive and mobile. The spreaders are important to allow depth in the net. this guy put his in wire spreaders in the main uprights. I did mine off the top row with a couple of specialty PVC knuckles I found at the hardware store that I put about a foot of depth into the top of the net when it was draped over.

Bruce

bruce drake
07-29-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure there would be a market for an attached brasscatcher for the slim number of surviving 1907s. There is a Velcro model that attaches to the handguards of an AR but that might be a way...

richhodg66
07-29-2014, 09:56 AM
I like the big net idea, but I'd kind of like one that attaches to the rifle like I see for ARs.

The one in question has been drilled and tapped and has a Weaver scope base on it. If I could make something that attached easily to that and could be removed. That rifle throws brass with authority and I really don't enjoy hunting it down.