PDA

View Full Version : Bullets for Sale???????

BABore
01-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Here's a link to a thread on Beartooth Bullet's forum. It came up if a license was needed to sell or even give away cast bullets.

http://www.shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=44105

danski26
01-24-2008, 03:20 PM
More internet rumors. What Federal code are they refering to? Unless provided with a code # and reading it for myself AND seeing the case law with that interpritation upheld......I say rumor.

BABore
01-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Then maybe you should pay attention to who wrote it and know that not only is he a member here, but also owns Dixie Slugs. This is not to say that it's law, but he is checking into it and I would consider it a bit more than an "internet rumor" and worth watching.

danski26
01-24-2008, 10:50 PM
All due respect to the owner of Dixie Slugs "I do not know the man" I will ask him if he is a member here.....US code number and case law citation. I'm not saying he is wrong. I'm saying in matters of law I do not believe it, until I see it published in one of the offical legal resources. Call me a pessimist.

Wayne Smith
01-25-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm at work and don't have the law in front of me, but I remember it specifically stating that "components" were controlled. I don't see what the problem is, the license is $10 per year! That's why I got mine even if I didn't expect to go into business, if someone wanted boolits I cast on an ongoing basis I want to recoup my expenses, at least.

danski26
01-25-2008, 12:21 PM
I found the United States Code.....now just need the case law applying to the melting of lead into boolits as manufacturing amunition.

18 USC Sec. 922 01/02/2006

-EXPCITE-

TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART I - CRIMES

CHAPTER 44 - FIREARMS

-HEAD-

Sec. 922. Unlawful acts

-STATUTE-

(a) It shall be unlawful -

(1) for any person -

(A) except a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or

licensed dealer, to engage in the business of importing,