PDA

View Full Version : Nags R&d Report

Jim
01-24-2008, 02:05 AM
BULLETIN
Research and Development Department

Re: .40 caliber full metal jacket wadcutter gluelit

The NAGS R&D has determined that a .40 caliber full metal jacket wadcutter gluelit can be simply fabricated by injecting a small amount of hot glue in the bottom of a fired 9MM pistol case. This can then be loaded, BY HAND into a primed .40 caliber S/W pistol case. The open end of the 9MM case goes into the open end of a sized .40 cal. case and seated with no more than hand pressure. The 9MM case should not be seated with a press, but with HAND pressure. The .40 Cal. case can then be taper crimped, but not roll crimped.
The glue in the 9MM case will stop the primer pop in the .40 cal. case from blowing the dead primer out of the 9MM case. The 9MM case will slip fit in the barrel of a .40 caliber pistol. The pistol will not cycle. A bit more velocity can be obtained by using a magnum pistol primer in the .40 cal. case. The addition of 1 or 2 grains of a relatively fast pistol powder will launch the 9MM case at a surprisingly fast velocity.

DISCLAIMER:
The National Association of Gluelit Shooters, AKA NAGS, the researchers in the Research and Development Department, AKA NAGS R&D, and the poster of this information will not be liable for any damage to property or injury to individuals resulting from using this information. If you wish to experiment with this information, DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Buckshot
01-24-2008, 05:32 AM
..............You guys crack me up :-) BTW, I was at Harbor Freight the other day and picked up the small bag of .450" OD hot melt gluesticks. The bag held 25 sticks 4" long for $2.99. These miked .448" to .453". Using a razor blade I sliced off a piece a bit longer then 1/2". I seated it as deep as was easy in a primed 45 Colt case. Loaded it into my Vaquero and took aim at a knot in the back wall of the shop. I suppose I was standing 10' away.

The gluelit made a resounding SMACK when it hit, and it went I know not where. It made a perfectly round impression a shade deeper then 1/16" in this old board. The hit was perfect for windage but about 4" low. Filled with enthusiasm, I loaded another and went out back. By the back fence on the ground about 20-25 ft away was a throw away 4" plastic flower pot. I suppose I held about a foot over it and let fly.

I didn't hit the pot, but must have been close as some leaves flew up on it. The slug then hit the board fence with another surprising 'bang!' and again lit off for parts unknown.

Very satisfying. I have 3 rounds loaded. I'm awaiting the neighbor's cat to stroll across my driveway. We shall see what type of impression it will make on him :-)

...................Buckshot

MT Gianni
01-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Buckshot, It looks like you were celebrating your birthday in the best way possible. Gianni

Bret4207
01-25-2008, 01:18 PM
NEWS FLASH!!! NEWS FLASH!!! GOVERNOR AHNOLD SCHRAWTSENEEEGGGGR AND SENATORS BOXER, SCHUMER, CLINTON, DODD ( and a bunch of other panty waist types) HAVE INTRODUCED A BILL OUTLAWING CAT THUMPING GLUITS. AHNOLD SAYS THEY ARE THE CHOICE OF DRUG GANG CAT THUMPERS ACROSS KALYFORNIA. STAY TUNED FOR MORE BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Scrounger
01-25-2008, 01:45 PM
I wonder if CarpetMan has tried 'glueits' in his crusade to save the world from cats? We know he has a good source of natural lube to use on them.

Jim
01-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Buckshot,
Prime your case with a large magnum rifle primer and budge it enough to make it seat flush. It'll go, I've done it plenty of times. LIGHTLY grease one end of the glue stick and shove it in the case 'till it bottoms out COMPLETELY. Now cut the glue stick off square and flush with the mouth of the case and TRY THAT!!:Fire:

I shot a hole in my Moma's plastic patio chair with that load. That give you any indication of the bullet energy?[smilie=1: