PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli Rolling Block Won't Cock

DEDHEAD
07-25-2014, 05:28 AM
Hi
Purchased "like new" Pedersoli Rolling Block on-line, it arrived and immediately I found a problem, hammer won't go to full cock. "As is, all sales are final". #%&$@!!!
Anyway all remorse aside it's mine now and I gotta fix it. Hammer will catch and stay in half cock just fine but it won't even try full cock, like it's not there. I'm thinking someone maybe tried to make a lighter trigger pull and went too far.
Can't find specs and am not sure where to start, trigger, or hammer? New hammer is like a hundred and fifty bucks. Any advice is surely appreciated.

Nobade
07-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Time to take it apart and see what has been cut on. There's not much to this action, and it should be obvious once you get into it what has happened to it. Those hammers are pricy, hopefully you can come up with a fix without having to buy a new one. Sometimes a talented guy with a TIG machine is your lifesaver....

-Nobade

elk hunter
07-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Sounds like we agree that most likely some previous owner tried to lighten the trigger pull. If that is true, it should be an easy fix for a talented gunsmith with a TIG welder.

fourarmed
07-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Have you tried pulling the hammer back and pushing the trigger forward? Since it half-cocks, that probably won't do it. Be nice if it was just a spring problem.

doc1876
07-31-2014, 02:46 PM
if indeed the hammer notches are gone, they can be re welded, and recut. It is best for someone who knows what they are doing to do this, but it really isn't that hard if you understand metallurgy and know where the notches are supposed to be.
either case, it will be better than buying a new hammer. If it is a spring problem, knowing me, I would hone the notches anyway and reheat treat.