PDA

View Full Version : Alittle O/T

TX BOOMER
01-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Guy's I don't know about all of you , but I am sure that some of you can not work at a regular job any more . For me I am one of those that can not work any more. So here is the reason for the post. It is to thank each of you for posting the things you know about casting bullets and alot of other stuff that I for one find helpful and sometimes funny and I am sure that I am not alone in this. Each day I am alone most of the time and have very little to do so I come here to read what is being said about this and that it makes my day go by. So keep posting so I have something to read and keep my day going. :Fire:

Thanks

Bret4207
01-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Keep the faith man. I get real down about things from time to time. This place usually gets me back of track. I've said before, the gang here is the best bunch of buddies I've never met that I've ever known. Errrr..........something like that.:roll::drinks:

Blammer
01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
definitely check out the humor thread!

NVcurmudgeon
01-23-2008, 08:46 PM
TX Boomer, you're not the only one. I've been retired for nearly nine years and sometimes keep odd hours, so it isn't unusual for me to check in here in the middle on the night. That's on top of my regular daily visits to this, the best of all web sites. If I can't sleep, or am coming down with cabin fever, it is great to know that my Cast Boolits friends are always here.

No_1
01-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Keep your head up brother. Some of the best laughs, best reading and best friends have come from here. I too keep odd hours. Sometime I can't sleep and am in here at 0300 EST catching those west coast guys in the chat room getting ready to log out. Sometimes I feel like vegging out I come to hang out. The strange thing is that I always feel at home when I am here. If you ever need to talk, check into the chat room as someone will drop in soon or start a thread or send a PM. We are always here or not far away.

Take care,

R.

Jim
01-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Boom,
I had to retire from 32 years in the construction industry about 4 months ago. Arthritis in my knees. Got a job in a big sporting goods store selling reloading supplies. Gave that up to take another job in a store that caters to the law enforcement industry. I just got let go from that today. The mgr. said I wasn't catching on to the computer fast enough.

I sure miss those boys I used to fit and weld with.

crabo
01-24-2008, 01:45 AM
The offer still stands. When you are ready to cast some bullets, call me and we'll do it. I'll even send you home with some party favors to load up.

Crabo

blackthorn
01-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Well---retirement MAY be great---BUT I cant seem to make it last long enough to find out. In /04 I 'retired' and moved to the BC interior. I did tell the boss I would be interested in SOME part time work (from home). She said there would not be any! Six months later I got a call telling me there was part time work available and I worked from home for the next 2 years. We finally got the backlog of work done and the boss said there would be no more work available, so I retired again. 2 weeks later I got a call from a buddy who was in a bind and needed someone who could hit the ground running. So---back to work doing the same general type of work 3 days a week. That contract lasted 9 months, to October /07. Went hunting with my son and started to settle in to retirement for the third time. Got a call for another contract (3 months) so I'm back at work but only 2 days a week this time so--- maybe there is hope yet. I think retirement is fine IF it is your choise. If it is not, I cant think of anything that would aggravate me more! Have a great day and hang in there it can only get better.

Rick N Bama
01-24-2008, 08:55 PM
If you should become physically able to work again, and actually want to, there are jobs available to anyone that will simply show up to work. It may be bagging groceries, sweeping floors, whatever, but most business owners love to hire older workers that will actually show up for work on time and not complain about having to be there. I should know, I now work 3 part-time jobs that I love. They don't pay much and I don't get the most hours in,(2 of the jobs are on an on-call basis) but what I do make keeps me in powder & primers although it won't hardly pay my gas bill anymore.

Rick

Scrounger
01-25-2008, 12:59 AM
There are no kids working in the grocery stores and WalMart here, all senior citizens supplementing their Social Security. They all seem happy in their work.